March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (playing hooky, Ian Forrester, Jimmy W, LeFusil, Hugh Lomas, 1 invisible), 306 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts543,999
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Shermans are great folks. Pat repaired a minor issue for me at a shoot once which required a part unique to the Ithaca imported MX8s. Granny has made my molded earplugs since '03, and I've bought a set of non-prescription Pillas from her.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you cannot meet with the provider, it is important that you not only furnish them with the prescription, but also the distance between pupils.

1 member likes this: Chuck H
Boxlock
Online Content
Boxlock

While I'm awfully fond of Granny and Mike Sherman (saw them this past weekend) and own a set of Pillas purchased from them, another option is to call Wayne Morgan at Morgan Optical in NY. Morgan Optical is the largest dealer in the US for RE Ranger shooting glasses. Wayne is a veritable encyclopedia of all things shooting glasses.

1 member likes this: BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a bad experience with Randolph Rangers. They were non-prescription but had the worst distortion in the lenses I have ever encountered. I gave them away.

Just my experience, other's mileage may vary.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
I had a bad experience with Randolph Rangers. They were non-prescription but had the worst distortion in the lenses I have ever encountered. I gave them away.

You are the only guy that I've ever heard say that out of dozens and dozens of happy customers. You should have sent them back. They can immediately measure distortion and determine if you got some perscription lenses by mistake. I have both prescription and neutral lenses that have been superb - not to mention saved my eyes when an action blew up.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gil,
When I had my shooting glasses made, the frame fitter (not the Dr), was a shooter. He not only understood that the optical centers had to be spaced per your eye spacing, but also that you don't look straight ahead through glasses when mounted shooting. He had me hold my head and hands as if shooting, then literally used a felt tip pen to mark the lenses for pupil centers where I was viewing through them. For a right hander, it is up and left and opposite for a left handed shooter. This reduces the distortion when in the shooting position.

3 members like this: Stanton Hillis, craigd, DoubleTake
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD

You are the only guy that I've ever heard say that out of dozens and dozens of happy customers. You should have sent them back. They can immediately measure distortion and determine if you got some perscription lenses by mistake. I have both prescription and neutral lenses that have been superb - not to mention saved my eyes when an action blew up.

It was an unusual situation. I had a set of HiDefSpecs, which later became Pilla. I was shooting registered NSCA tournaments pretty heavily and left my set somewhere, carelessly, and lost them. When I bemoaned my carelessness to a shooting buddy he told me that someone had left a zippered set of glasses in his cart at a shoot, and that he couldn't determine who, and I could have them. I accepted, tried them at a casual round of clays with him and some other buds, and found the distortion so bad that I abandoned them on about station 5 and gave them back to him. I would have felt dishonest had I sent glasses back to the company, for replacement, that I hadn't bought. Those were the glasses I mentioned earlier.

I suppose , in retrospect, they could have been prescription (with a very "mild" correction). I had just always assumed they weren't, as they did not seem to be at the time. However, from here on out I will adjust my evaluation of them to accommodate that possibility.

Sidelock
Sidelock

[quote=Stanton Hillis]I had a bad experience with Randolph Rangers. They were non-prescription but had the worst distortion in the lenses I have ever encountered. I gave them away.

Almost certainly they were prescription lenses, so of course they gave you distortion, just like my wife's glasses do if I put them on by accident.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

[quote=Stanton Hillis]I had a bad experience with Randolph Rangers. They were non-prescription but had the worst distortion in the lenses I have ever encountered. I gave them away.

Almost certainly they were prescription lenses, so of course they gave you distortion, just like my wife's glasses do if I put them on by accident.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

I heard you the first time, Brent. wink

I would have thought if they were prescription glasses there would have been some indication of that on, or in, the case, or on the glasses themselves. But, having never needed or owned prescription glasses of any kind, I was just making an assumption.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.