March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Hammergun, welder, canvasback, Lloyd3, SKB, Owenjj3), 795 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
eeb Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I read Shooting Sportsman, which I consider by and large an advertisement with mediocre content. I used to read Greys but I don’t consider that much of a gun magazine. Any suggestions? Any Brit magazines worthy of subscription?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I just cancelled my subscription to Shooting Sportsman because of the lack of content I'm interested in. The articles were even advertisements. Diggory Hadoke puts out a few monthly articles on vintage guns in digital form. VG Journal. He hasn't put anything out this month probably because he's busy shooting.

Ken

Sidelock
Sidelock

Shooting Sportsman was much better when Galen Winter and Michael McIntosh were alive. I noticed that the articles seemed to devolve into ads for canned hunts after they were both gone. Even if I could afford to do that sh1t, I wouldn’t. Not my cup of tea.

I like looking at the English articles, above, but, they don’t hold my interest like a magazine in my hand does.

The decline continues. Joe’s Sporting goods, in St. Paul is swimming in guns in the used department, that have pretty much been dumped there by the family of elderly bird hunters and shooters.

They literally can’t display it all.

Best,
Ted

1 member likes this: Mills
Sidelock
Sidelock

I subscibe to the British publication "The Field" it covers several sporting subjects and always includes a British gun artilcle or two. It seems to focus on driven shooting events. Another well turned out but pretty much an advertising magazine is "Covey Rise" includes articles on guns, dogs, as well as canned hunt ads. (articles) "Project Upland" magazine is a nicely turned out quaterly magazine with main focus on upland hunting but includes gun articles as well.

Last edited by SXS 40; 11/09/22 12:24 PM.

HWK
Sidelock
Sidelock

I read Shooting Sportsman, which I consider by and large an advertisement with mediocre content.

Amen!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here in England I read The Field, which is very glossy and covers fishing and foxhunting as well. The newish lady Editor is a horsey person but there are still good articles and gun tests.

I also subscribe the the USA version of Shooting Times. Not too much about shotguns, but useful articles about older firearms. Terry Weiland is good.

HB

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll put a word in for 'The Field' magazine. Monthly and with a broad spectrum of articles. Donald Dallas contributes an interesting piece quite often. I don't subscribe to any other shooting/gun magazines in England but will sometimes pick up an odd copy of something if there is something of interest. Lagopus.....

eeb Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I’ve seen the Field and I like it. The in-laws never know what to get me for Christmas so I’ll put that on the list. I’ve been hopeful that the editors at Shooting Sportsman will gather in the contributors from DGJ. Great opportunity to improve that magazine. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I cancelled Shooting Sportsman last year after being a charter subscriber of that magazine and its predecessors. A friend gave me a lifetime supply of The Field, so I don't have to subscribe. I also cancelled American Rifleman, so I no longer wait at the mailbox for any print items.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just go back and start reading DGJ over again, one a month will last you about 12 years, then you can start over....

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
1 member likes this: eightbore
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.