April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 363 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,091
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
AndrewB Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Hi All,
I was pointed the direction of this forum by a local double gun person. I'm hoping that someone can shed additional light on this Johann Fanzoj 12 gauge that I have recently acquired. I know that it is dated to 1946, nitro proofed, 2-1/2 chamber, and had some rib work done by Classic Arms in Tennessee. I'm hoping to get some more about the history of the gun/guns made in Austria in this time period and what PSI I should aim for reloading for this gun. Honestly, anything that you can offer for insight would be amazing! Thanks. I can add more pictures if needed.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Um, looks like one of the Bread guns or a longarm made for a British officer during the occupation of Ferlach post WWII. Then it followed the British officer home and experienced reproof. But what is all that shrapnel on the lower rib obscuring the preliminary datastring? Pleasure us with an image of the water-table and I may be able to garner some info from teh Fanzoj ledger, if it still exists.

The Brits occupied Ferlach post WWII and issued maker numbers to the Ferlach mechanics.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Fanzoj is a pretty famous maker, and the firm is still in business. They come right up in google.

Dietrch Appel was working on an information base for German guns (which would include Austrian) when he died. That might also prove helpful. I can't remember the exact wording of the association.

That should be a very nice gun. Best of luck with it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

[Linked Image from thumbs2.imgbox.com]

https://fanzoj.com/mountain-kingdom/

Fanzoj's latest project, a single shot culminating a 2 year effort. A 338 Lapua Mag that is supposed to have the recoil of a 22 Mag or similar??

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

AndrewB Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Originally Posted by ellenbr
Um, looks like one of the Bread guns or a longarm made for a British officer during the occupation of Ferlach post WWII. Then it followed the British officer home and experienced reproof. But what is all that shrapnel on the lower rib obscuring the preliminary datastring? Pleasure us with an image of the water-table and I may be able to garner some info from teh Fanzoj ledger, if it still exists.

The Brits occupied Ferlach post WWII and issued maker numbers to the Ferlach mechanics.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Raimey,
Thanks for the information. I have added a picture of the watertable for you. As for the rib, Classic Arms in Tennessee did some work to the rib - which I believe has been replaced. I called them describing the work and they thought that it was welded material for reinforcement. I've been told they do quality work on vintage guns so I'm not questioning it - It's a gun I plan on using in the field anyway.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Um hum, so the >>21.30<< will be Fanzoj's British issued maker number, using House Numbers I think??, and it was Nr. 30. I will check with Fanzoj.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

AndrewB Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Originally Posted by ellenbr
Um hum, so the >>21.30<< will be Fanzoj's British issued maker number, using House Numbers I think??, and it was Nr. 30. I will check with Fanzoj.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Thanks! Let me know what you find. As for the PSI I should be loading for; what would people suggest? Below 9,000?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would say so, probably just for the recoil but Dr. Hause or Mr. Brown will have to do that Calculus on the 3 Tons per Square Inch.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

I do wonder what the repair that was performed in England might have been?

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Fanzoj gives that they were not allowed to make weapons till circa 1955?? And this would have been for a British General, or Officer in my book.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.