March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Southern Sport), 860 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,016
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Their guns, it's patina your gun, it's rust. Most people just see Parker and think it's $$$$.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Look, I know a guy who at times calls me to discuss a gun he has found somewhere and wants my opinion on. His strategy is to low ball offer the person. I sometime think he does not even have the money but just wants to screw around with the person.
I get kind of put out with him at these times as I think if you have interest, and you are considering the gun then at least try to offer a air price.
I see Dealers that I know who list guns at ridiculous prices. So I have to wonder who they are selling guns to.
Not to say I have been unable to come to an agreement at times with a seller.

Mike Proctor
eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Seller is way under water on the BHE and he’s trying to recoup his investment. Bigger fool theory my guess. If he didn’t know the frame size he didn’t know much

Sidelock
Sidelock

who would allow an Eagle Grade Elsie to deterioate to a "beater" class?? Darn shame-- RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by pipeliner
... Gun was offered at 6k offered below that.5k wood and restock and no collector value. Guy shutdown on me.I don't need the gun bit the engraving was.special.What do we do guess learn to walk.Your thoughts. Pipeliner

This is very confusing. I read this part of your query several times, and seriously have no idea just what you offered the seller.

Was he asking $6000, and you offered $5000? Were you saying that wood and a restock would cost $5000, and would result in a gun with zero collector value? Were you asking him to include wood and a restock, or were you trying to say you offered less because it would need those things? I'm not sure what you were saying about the engraving. Please translate.

There are all levels of collector value. A well heeled, advanced, and highly selective collector will only want to buy the best guns in the best original condition. Other collectors will buy or consider a lower condition gun that has been repaired or restocked. An excellent restock is likely going to be worth more than a gun with a trashed original stock. The difference is realizing that valuations will be vastly different between a high condition original gun, and anything less.

Without photos and a better description of the gun and your offer, it just isn't possible to know whether either the asking price or the offer was fair. Any opinion of value given without adequate information and good photos is pretty much worthless. Even pics may not reveal major defects. But when a seller shuts down during negotiations, that's generally a good sign that a sale is not going to happen.

I have not paid retail for a gun since I was in college. Actually, it was a below retail dealer price on a new Colt revolver. As Stan says, there are lots of fish in the sea. An intelligent gun buyer has to become educated on evaluating condition factors, scarcity, demand, and market conditions. People who are too lazy to do those things are the guys who tell us that they simply expect to lose money on every gun purchase they make. Gun Dealers absolutely love these guys. They are the same people who have Car Dealers doing High-Fives in the back room after a customer comes in and pays factory sticker price. Actual costs of repairs is another factor. I do most all of my own repairs, but must remember that my time is worth something too. And it helps to own enough guns that you can be the one who walks away from any deal, and never feel compelled to buy out of desperation.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.