March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Ken Nelson, SKB, skeettx, LRF, Lawrence Kotchek, Karl Graebner), 875 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
CJF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I’m guessing you had the gun double when both were set? Makes sense. The rifle should be fun when I hunt deer with my wife’s family in western Maryland

Sidelock
Sidelock

My German gunsmith buddy said it is safer to carry a gun with the safety off and the trigger unset than with the safety on and the trigger set. The trigger should only be set when you are about to shoot, and if you don't shoot when intended, you should open the gun and release the trigger. BTW it is a very nice gun that I would be very proud to own. I know from personal experience, there are also deer in North Carolina.
Mike

Last edited by Der Ami; 03/02/23 10:28 AM.
CJF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Der Ami
.... I know from personal experience, there are also deer in North Carolina.
Mike

Hey Mike - I hear you about NC and deer. I live in a small college town north of Charlotte, a few blocks off Main St and I have deer in my back yard a couple days each month. The attraction of MD for hunting is that my wife's grandfather was able to cobble together over 2500 acres of timberland in the mountains of western Maryland before he passed away. Some has since been sold to the state to keep the back of the bordering river from being developed, but her extended family still has about 2,000 acres of private land. That's heaven. That said, I also need to figure out some options here in NC. Take care. Chris

Sidelock
Sidelock

CJF,
Family land is always the best to hunt on. Two thousand acres of timberland is a sweet deal and not having to pay for hunting rights would make up for non-resident hunting license. When I was stationed at Ft. Bragg, I was able to hunt on post but I also was able to go in with a couple local friends and leased hunting rights on a small farm (about 200 acres) outside a small place called White Oak, toward the coast from Bragg. I only killed one deer but had a lot of fun. The point was, the cost was divided among the hunters, so wasn't too much for each one. Small timber farmers that don't live on the land are often happy to lease hunting rights for enough to pay the taxes.
Mike

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.