March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (SKB, Jimmy W), 890 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,016
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OSS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

In the box with the Griffin & Howe engraved mounts were several Lyman 48S "Long Slides" and Lyman 35 sights... I had already spent the afternoon piling up goodies into two other crates... and yes, those G&H boxes are full (with steel mounts), scope holsters by G&H, Heiser & A&F, Lyman Alaskans, Zeiss, Hensoltd & Wetzler scopes & more stuff for the upcoming CGCA in Greeley & Winchester Cody shows...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by OSS; 03/31/23 10:02 AM.
3 members like this: 1916XE, Hoot4570, BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow, Jackpot! See you in Cody.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Those Lyman 48 sights are wonderful finds!
I always have a table along with a few friends at CGCA show, and will also be there at the new Greeley venue. We had our collector gun show here Sunday, and I purchased a bunch of bins of parts from the estate of a local gunsmith.
One bin is full of old steel buttplates from things like pre '64 Model 70's, Win. 1886, 1873, 1892, etc., Some various Marlin, Remington, and others.
Another bin full of a lot of old 03A3 rear sights, M1 Carbine rear sights, Krag rear sights, and misc. old lever gun, and single shot barrel sights.
Another bin was some misc. 1890's Marlin parts, and a couple plastic divider boxes full of brand new Colt SAA replacement screws!
Along with my usual guns, I'll bring these parts to CGCA also.

I just won an old FH Souther target scope at Amoskeag today, but it wont be going anywhere, except maybe on my Pope or Schoyen Ballard rifles.

Last edited by Vall; 03/27/23 09:13 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

great finds, do you anticipate selling most or all of them, or do you plan on using some for projects? If so, I would love to hear about
your future projects.

OSS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

All the parts will be offered for sale. I have great appreciation for those who can turn wood & steel into works of art. I've become a follower of the custom 1903 sporting rifle makers... Griffin & Howe, Sedgley, Hoffman & others. I've had a few go thru my hands... this all began for me about 10 years ago while helping sell an estate of guns that had several of the aforementioned rifles... I even sold a few at the show in Kansas City. What I kept from the estate was the librray... several hundred books including Vol. 1 & 2 of Micheal Petrov's tribute to custom rifle makers. I've been on the hunt locally for a Meunier custom 1903 rifle that was offered to me at a local gun show (a twin to Petrov's rifle) but the seller wouldn't go thru with the transaction after I agreed to his price). I find the transformation of the 1903 very elegant and appreciate what those gentlemen could do.

Last edited by OSS; 03/30/23 11:13 AM.
1 member likes this: BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Lyman 35 caught my eye.

I have in one on a JP Sauer&Son 98 sporter, and looking for another to grace a Kettner 98 sporter.

Last edited by postoak; 04/06/23 09:44 PM.

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

OSS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I will have them all at the Colorado Gun Collectors Show in Greeley, Co in a few weeks... bring your rifle and see which one looks the best... don't know if this forum allows pricing, so may be better to PM. I also have a Lyman 36 for the Mannlicher-Schoenauer

Last edited by OSS; 04/06/23 10:17 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Please check your PM's.

OSS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

PM's responded to

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by OSS
I will have them all at the Colorado Gun Collectors Show in Greeley, Co in a few weeks... bring your rifle and see which one looks the best... don't know if this forum allows pricing, so may be better to PM. I also have a Lyman 36 for the Mannlicher-Schoenauer

This forum does permit pricing of guns, services, or items for sale. This is typically done in the For Sale section, but sometimes things are advertised or sold in the other sub-forums.

With only 32 posts here, it is understandable that you may not be familiar with the rules for selling here.

The rule or expectation is that if you sell something that is advertised here, you then pay the site Administrator Dave Weber a $12.00 fee. The details for selling and subsequently paying Dave after a successful sale are in the header at the top of the Doubleguns For Sale sub-forum.

Honorable people are happy to do this, but some people have found they are able to skirt the rules by advertising their businesses, goods, and services in their tag-line. Some openly brag about the number of sales they make without paying Dave, while others quietly work to silence, censor, or ban anyone who mentions their sneaky cheapskate behavior. Personally, I'd think that anyone that cheap is simply sneaky, dishonest, and interested in a free ride, and they would probably be just as greedy when they deal with their customers.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

1 member likes this: SKB
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.