May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (old colonel, Hugh Lomas, KY Jon, 1 invisible), 293 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,496
Posts545,377
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe all those guns were made in an alternative universe.

4 members like this: mc, Stanton Hillis, SKB, keith
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by bushveld
Maybe all those guns were made in an alternative universe.

Pretty sure that if I had some way to travel out of this particular hellhole I wouldn't have bothered to return. And if the guns are floating in I'd be looking for that entry point.

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe the confusion Wonko is due to most posts being about SXS and the shotguns you refer to are OU.

As for Beretta action shoulder fitting, I heard from a Beretta fitter at the factory that the shoulder must have a relief of one tenth of a millimeter, about four thou, and that is also included in the instructions to service gunsmiths who go to the factory for training in repairs.

1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

In an alternative universe .004" will not allow daylight to pass through.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have read all the posts about clearances and lack thereof. About 40 years ago, I fitted a set of barrels to my K-32 Krieghoff. There was a gap at the breech face as big as a fried chicken wing. I asked the chief gunsmith at Krieghoff USA, Ottsville if he could replace the trunnion with a bigger size. His statement was similar to "It's a shotgun, don't worry about it." End of story is that this has been my main competition gun for that 40 years and has been problem free. Obviously, the fit of the forend lug has drawn the barrels into the trunnions and made everything work without a close fit at the breech face. How does this fit in with previous posts on this thread?

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gee ,,eightbore and the primers stay in ? What about headspace I have a k32 I think I'll check it out today also my Beretta that wonko say can be off face by design and function.i will report what I find.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, the primers stay in, in all four gauges. I don't take any pains to install the small gauge tubes out a bit, so they meet the breech face. In fact, I have never thought to do that. I don't expect your gun to have excess headspace like mine because you probably have the original barrels. In a previous life, back to 1967, my gun was an ATA trap gun and I traded the trap barrels for my tubed skeet barrels years ago. For your information, all the Beretta barrels that I have fitted are tight to the breech face. As a side note, Wonko describes the replaceable gizmo at the rear of the monobloc as a wear item. Only the high end Berettas have that feature, 680 series guns less than 682 don't even have them. I have hundreds of thousands of rounds through a 682, have replaced locking pins after the lever went to the left, but have never replaced one of those "gizmos" nor do I know of anyone else who has. They are absolutely not necessary in keeping the gun tight. I have read that they pull the barrels away from the trunnions, for whatever reason I don't know.

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

My 32 and 686 both have trunions I blacked the action face on both put the barrels on with the forend opened and closed the guns viola both barrels have pressure on the trunion and breach face a clear outline in the smoke reside so they are on face, both guns have a metal piece machined on the barrels that contact the top of the actions the Beretta has locking pins the k32 a sliding hood .what I have learned is on these model guns the barrels rotate on trunions that hold the breech face to the action and metal machined on the barrels keep the barrels on the top of the action tight when the locking device is engaged.so they are on face in a traditional way but don't seem to have the gap required on a sxs.the end

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.