March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Licensed to kill), 745 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,013
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#630586 05/24/23 09:30 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a 16ga Zeus on order, hopefully will be receiving in a few weeks.

My wife lets me buy all the guns I can hide.
Sidelock
Sidelock

this may devistate the over four grand used gun market...

hopefully, a limited demand for their products and services will cause them to go away...

there is too much competion already, what with so many english guns being dumped in the american market...

Last edited by ed good; 05/25/23 10:36 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ed good

hopefully, a limited demand for their products and services will cause them to go away...

there is too much competion already, what with so many english guns being dumped in the american market...

Now that says it all. Anyone else here think competition is a bad thing?

May God bless America and those who defend her.
2 members like this: mc, ithaca1
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think this concept resurfaces every 10 years or so.

Out there doing it best I can.
1 member likes this: John Roberts
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

No who ever has the best product ,reputation ,customer relationship,and not hawking crap will do OK

Sidelock
Sidelock

All of the Luciano Rota guns I’ve seen have been…not very nice. Very similar to the junk guns Fausti was selling at Walmart back in the day. Very poor fit & finish, rough actions and gritty function. Single trigger versions were terrible.
It’s amazing what Fausti charges for guns these days.😳
I believe the Rotas were imported by a number of different companies at one time or another. American Arms, Charles Daly/KBI, Cape Outfitters, etc.
I do not recall them ever being very well thought of.

2 members like this: Ted Schefelbein, Ken Nelson
Sidelock
Sidelock

A double gun you can order the way you want it ? who would want that ? Some of us want to shoot guns not sell them.
Tell me about all the competition for NEW double guns ?

Last edited by Jusanothajoe; 05/25/23 01:04 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by LeFusil
All of the Luciano Rota guns I’ve seen have been…not very nice. Very similar to the junk guns Fausti was selling at Walmart back in the day. Very poor fit & finish, rough actions and gritty function. Single trigger versions were terrible.
It’s amazing what Fausti charges for guns these days.😳
I believe the Rotas were imported by a number of different companies at one time or another. American Arms, Charles Daly/KBI, Cape Outfitters, etc.
I do not recall them ever being very well thought of.

I talked to several owners before I ordered one, all were very satisfied and several had ordered a second gun.
I will give a report when mine arrives.

Boxlock
Boxlock

It looks like a nice gun but I think when you see them
In real life you’ll have a different opinion. I spoke to someone in Italy and he felt that they were a real economy gun but maybe with the help of the guys at the Upland gun company they can get them to make them better.
But they sure look like they have nice wood on the show guns at least.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not that it matters, but I hate that kind of video. All it needed was a chaw of tobacco and some high-fiving to finish it off.
I just don’t like faux excitement.
The host, who obviously doesn’t know much about shotguns, just seemed to be looking for an excuse to ham it up and show fake excitement.

On these semi custom shotguns,
It’s the hard stuff that is always the stickler.
What if stock dims aren’t what you ordered on arrival?
Or barrel regulation. Or 7lb trigger pulls.
Some stuff can be put right here stateside, but other stuff becomes contentious.

As I said, people keep trying to do this every so often.

I like the look of the models that have the thin red pad attached.

I really hope it is everything hoped for on arrival.
That would really improve the sub $5000 shotgun market.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim Austin of New England Arms imported some for a time. I had a chance to get some out of Italy many years ago, but took a pass.

John Boyd
Quality Arms

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

annoying when one makes a specific statement here, only to have a couple of jokers here, come along like heckel an jeckel and try to broaden the context of that statement and thereby change the meaning of that statement...

specifically, the $4000 plus sxs double gun maket here, is a limited segment of an already limited niche market within the vast shotgun market in our country...

a new custom made sxs gun product could reduce the value of already existing product in the hands of collectors, investors and dealers...

plus, the custom doublegun stockers out there, could loose business when one of these custom guns is sold...

and then there is the investment loss potential for a new custom made sxs product made for somebody else...

looks like a big time money looser, sorta of like a new set of custom made golf clubs...

now, if beretta were to put their name on it and then offer alterations via their network of service dealers, then that might work...

Last edited by ed good; 05/25/23 09:53 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

B.S. You don't care one whit about the buyers or collectors here ........only dealers. And, one in particular ...... YOU. You're not fooling anybody. Make all excuses you want, but they won't fly.

Sidelock
Sidelock

the very bad wizard speaks...

Last edited by ed good; 05/25/23 10:07 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ClapperZapper
As I said, people keep trying to do this every so often.

Yes, and occasionally successfully. I ordered a Dickinson to my specs several years ago and got it, as ordered, for under $2000. Next I ordered a FAIR Iside to my specs and got it, a few years ago, for a little over $2000. Both these guns have proven to be well made, regulated, and keepers. Trying to do this? Both of the companies I mentioned are still going strong. Both are ejector guns, too.

There are some who take exception to an "upstart" company that defies the status quo and undercuts other's pricing while offering a very decent product.

2 members like this: John Roberts, Jusanothajoe
Sidelock
Sidelock

good words from the not so bad wizard...

do dickinson, fair and udders still offer custom made guns for around two grand?

with world wide inflation running rampant, sounds like a good deal for those whose ego demands they "have it my way"...

Last edited by ed good; 05/26/23 06:51 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

good words from the not so bad wizard...

do dickinson, fair and udders still offer custom made guns for around two grand?

with world wide inflation running rampant, sounds like a good deal for those whose ego demands they "have it my way"...

Yes they do still offer custom guns, around two grand ? I can't say. The more custom you want, the more $$$.
I own two Dickinson's, they have been great guns, both were around $3K

Last edited by Jusanothajoe; 05/26/23 07:02 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

people seem to like erm...

i wish they did not look so new...

Sidelock
Sidelock

I couldn't help but notice your comment Clapper Zapper regarding the host of the video. I don't know just how much he knows about shotguns, but if you watch some of his other videos with shotguns I think you will have to admit he sure as hell knows how to handle one.

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.