May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jtplumb, Hammergun, Rick W, Guy Ave, 2 invisible), 337 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,521
Posts545,766
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

That is, indeed, a strong possibility. Col.- hope that if there is collusion between dishonest UPS employees regarding their planned heist of your fine rifle, and their plans to possibly unload it and convert it into a cash situation. I'd suggest watching the small time gun shows and estate auctions in the general area where it "disappeared"..Most crooks are both stupid and greedy, that could lead to their downfall. I surely hope that you recover that rifle, and that the bad guy(s) ending up in prison for a long, long time. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Since we have not heard any positive reports your gun must still be missing. Has insurance started to make your claim paid in full? Or are they still taking the wait and see if it come home on its own approach. My insurance experience with them was not a happy one. Hope your is better.

Sidelock
Sidelock

They are garbage here. I paid to have a check 2 day shipped to someone. They took my money for it and then stuck it in the regular mail box outside for usps to take. It took a week and the seller was not happy because that was not the agreement and I wasn't because I paid for the 2 day air. One of their employees that got caught stealing guns off of the trucks is out and is now selling cars in Thomasvile. 2 bad eggs made an entire office look bad

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I sent a double off for repair today. I spoke with the gunsmith and he said to send it uninsured. "They won't pay anyway". I sent it USPS Registered uninsured, 3 day priority. Fortunately the shipment is to the FFL license holder in his given name. In a private sale when I send to a gun to an LGS, I always hate addressing it to a shop that has "Guns" in the address. No better heads up to a thief as to what's in the package. I sent a gun to a Charleston "Gunshop" for transfer to a friend's grandson. I live 100 miles from the shop. It went out last Tuesday for delivery Friday. On Friday it went south to Jacksonville, Fl, 110 miles from Savannah, traveling 90 degrees from where it should go and 250 miles from the shop. Today, it is in Atlanta, 345 miles from Jax and 90 degrees in the other direction from me and 300 miles from Charleston. I expect tomorrow it will go to Charlotte, NC to partially enclose the circle with another stop in Wilmington NC then back to Jacksonville, driving past Charleston on I95 before directly going to Charleston. By the time it gets to Charleston it will have traveled over 1000 miles to get to the shop 100 miles from me. Gil

1 member likes this: BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
Sidelock

You might consider putting some of those tracking devices in your cases and simply ask for them to be returned. Or be really sneaky and put them under the buttplate. Folks are doing this pretty regularly with luggage and I will be considering it for future air travel, however, I've always had great luck with USPS (knocking on wood, right now).

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you ship often enough, long enough you will have a problem someday. What drive me crazy is their highly automated, highly precise tracking shipment service will lose track of a package, be unable to find it, be unable to track it until it became lost, be unable to quickly locate it for late delivery and then drag their feet forever if you file a claim. All while interacting with people who really do not worry about if it ever gets found. Go postal.

Brian Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

UPDATE: Good news.
I filed complaint with local law enforcement when this theft happened. I recently received an email from the investigating officer. Lo and behold, he was able to make an arrest and in fact recovered my rifle. the case is in court now. I was told I would be contacted after the case is adjudicated to get the rifle. The stock blank was not recovered and the suspect stated he "got rid of it" UPS did not do squat with their investigation. they would rather just write it off. the hell with the customer.
Evidently this guy would remove packages that contained guns and would take them to his truck. no cameras in the sorting area. that he got rid of it.
so for the naysayers that felt I jumped the gun on my accusation of theft, I guess i was right !!!

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

7 members like this: John Roberts, graybeardtmm3, FallCreekFan, eeb, Parabola, Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Brian
so for the naysayers that felt I jumped the gun on my accusation of theft, I guess i was right !!!

I think I'm the one (naysayers) you're referring to, Brian, and I'm very glad you got it back. I also hope the thief is severely punished.

Looking for a crow recipe ......... SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
1 member likes this: Parabola
Sidelock
Sidelock

I also hope there are meaningful consequences. We had a lesser experience, where a mover coincidentally turned up with some hunting long arms that somehow got separated from the shipment. At the time, I didn't look past the relief that they were back with me, but I was thanking a crook for the return of them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Always good to hear of a somewhat happy ending.

I sold a custom built, Hawken style muzzleloader to a guy. I broke it down, carefully packaged it, and shipped it via UPS. When it was delivered, the buyer called to tell me that it was severely damaged. The box literally looked like it had been folded in half. The box was beat up, and the stock was cracked and broken beyond repair. I had him take multiple pictures with a date stamp. Then the local UPS in his area examined it and I started the claim process. After that was done, I had him send those images, rifle, and packaging back to me and I gave him a full refund while I waited on the claim. Neither of us was happy.

To no surprise they would not accept my value. Like Brian, I had originally purchased the rifle well over a decade and a half ago. I used the current sale price receipt, and the current price off of the builder's website. UPS denied the claim due to inability to prove value.

I sent all images, a narrative, and correspondence to my State Attorney General's office. After roughly six weeks, UPS paid my claim in full. I am positive it was only due to the AG's inquiry.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.