May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Kip, Ted Schefelbein, Beccaccia28, WBLDon), 860 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,850
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26
Sidelock
Sidelock

Brent: we always called those "cinnamon birds" which, the best that I can tell, is a variation on a red phase bird. Pretty rare, I've seen only a handful over the years.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 10/15/23 12:01 PM.
1 member likes this: BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Lloyd3
Brent: we always called those "cinnamon birds" which, the best that I can tell, is a variation on a red phase bird. Pretty rare, I've seen only a handful over the years.

Seems appropriate, but with the strongly grey tail, I think the color phases are a lot more complex than most realize. We get very few of the reds over where I'm at.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brent,
Clearly an unusual mountable specimen, and one I've certainly never seen!
Karl

Sidelock
Sidelock

Grandson with the Daw and a rabbit. Another great day in the stubble…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is, listening to Texans..John Steinbeck
11 members like this: Jimmy W, Tim Cartmell, campero, playing hooky, FallCreekFan, GLS
Sidelock
Sidelock

I went out into the forest yesterday but only managed to chase up a lone Spruce grouse rooster. It was still a good day hunting.

_______
TC

4 members like this: Jimmy W, earlyriser, Parabola, Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very nice, Tim. Could we see some more of the H,B &P, including a right side view?

May God bless America and those who defend her.
1 member likes this: Tim Cartmell
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Very nice, Tim. Could we see some more of the H,B &P, including a right side view?

Right side view

________
TC

2 members like this: Parabola, Stanton Hillis
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I hunted with Valie Enslin of That's Africa Safaris after seeing his offer on Accurate Reloading. We hunted a game reserve totalling 367K acres bordering the Gonarezhou National park in Zim and the Save river to the North.

Crossing the Limpopo

Last petrol before we headed in to camp.

Camp was comfortable, the food was very good, the rooms had bathrooms and showers with hot and cold water, electricity was provided by generator.

I saw plenty of wildlife, both species were were targeting and ones we were not.

A couple of bulls at a pan getting a mid-day drink.

A very nice Kudo

Nyala bull, the most beautiful of the antelope species to my eye.

I was in awe of the size of my Eland bull, just huge. It is amazing how such a big animal can be so graceful.

Nice sold bosses on my buff but not that wide. Might have to try for another on a future trip.

I very much enjoyed my first African safari and will return again. Valie was an excellent PH, the Shangaan trackers were truly amazing. The food and accommodation were quite good.

It was HOT! By far the hottest I have ever experienced during a hunting trip. The bright side was that you can see farther during the dry season and the animals congregate around the pans. That said, I might try a cooler period next trip.

I will certainly return.

This trip was a bit of a business venture as well in that Valie wants to break into the American market, his current clientele is mostly European and South Africans. I will be marketing hunts for him in the future, in Mozambique, South Africa and possibly some additional locations.

12$ to Dave, just in case I sell a hunt.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
9 members like this: Jimmy W, Skeeterbd, Kip, FallCreekFan, Tim Cartmell, GLS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Switched states for different grouse.

This has to be one of the most beautiful landscapes in America. But it is hard to capture in pixels

Gus is always looking good.

Not many of them out there, but we got ours.

On Saturday, we heard sandhill cranes all day, one flock after the other but we rarely could spot them against the blue. Here is one of those flocks.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

6 members like this: Jimmy W, Tim Cartmell, docbill, GLS, Parabola, SKB
Sidelock
Sidelock

I so much appreciate everyone sharing their trips and pictures here. Makes me want to know more. Steve - what was that rifle you used in Africa? Looks like the same one in all the pictures, but maybe you took more than one? Brent, I agree that's a beautiful landscape. What state were you in? Looks like cottonwoods growing in shortgrass prairie. Sounds like a lot of bird life around. What shotgun did you use? Keep the pictures and stories coming!

Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.