May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Purpleshells, Roundsworth, graybeardtmm3, 1 invisible), 333 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,518
Posts545,726
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Hal M Hare
Not only is powder expensive--try to find lead shot for reloading that is under $60.00 a bag!

Correct, and there's no reason for it.

Lead on the Kitco commodities report today is 99 cents a pound, it's been hovering around $1 for years.

The Turkish brand 'Heper' was $46 at the Michigan state shoot last month, so transportation seems to not be the reason.

Jay's Sporting Goods in Gaylord wants $80 a bag for US made shot, and the Peruvian crap is closing the cost gap.

This seems to be greed driven.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

On a recent trip to Iowa, I picked up 8 lbs of Green Dot for $330. What they had mostly were 1# containers @ $49. So while my Green Dot was expensive, it was still today's version of a good buy compared to buying 1# of whatever.

What prices will do is make it difficult for high school students who've been shooting on trap teams to continue shooting once they're out of high school. But then I think we lose a lot of them (hopefully on a temporary basis) if they go off to college. Although many colleges also have clay target shooting programs.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Checking the prices of 22lr, we're losing generations of plinkers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A local indoor pistol range decided they wanted to get out the loading component business. I bought out their inventory of shotgun powders at 2016 prices. At the time I wasn’t sure if it was such a good idea….turns out it was. A couple of months later a friend called to tell me about about an estate sale of a former USA Palma team shooter. The amount of rifle components and parts were astonishing. I bought enough to keep me going for several years. I’m still short on lead and shotgun primers and none are to be had at reasonable prices around here.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by craigd
Checking the prices of 22lr, we're losing generations of plinkers.

Maybe we will replace the current generation of spray and pray shooters and instead develop a generation of marksman.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
….Maybe we will replace the current generation of spray and pray shooters and instead develop a generation of marksman.
And that would be a fool’s comfort pony. Tomorrow’s antique single shot depositor of toxic lead into our hillsides is shooting ARs and Glocks today. But, I have a great idea, price the spray and prayers out of the passion, before they blow up weapons of war in their faces.

Fact, thefool you voted for has no clue he has appointed policy makers that’re on a mission to price the shooting sports out of the reach of jo average and their children. If any kid told me, hey there’s a prof who has these marksmanship classes, they’d know in no uncertain terms, not to be fooled by a lefty trying to stamp out the last flickers of marksmanship traditions. Grab ‘em young, and finish them off in college eh prof?

Sidelock
Sidelock

It would certainly be interesting to know the actual cause of the "shortages" that have developed over the last 5-8 years. The demented rants that abound have grown to be stupid and boring. OK, that's a lie. They were always stoopid and boring. Restricting production and expecting the consumer to embrace gouge pricing does not seem to be a sustainable business model. I sure that I could be worng on that.

Have a day

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

HAMAS just increased the price of propellant.

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Shooting semi auto is a lot of fun full auto even more fun I was advised by my grandson who is 24 that there are a lot of shooter his age out there so mabey all is not lost.

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

That darn hamas.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.