May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (R Reynolds, 2 invisible), 282 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,518
Posts545,713
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

First, I rarely if ever sneer at another man's drink of choice. Unless it's a cooler. Maybe a few of you are feeling a bit insecure.

Second, Bourbon, Rye Whiskey and Scotch Whisky. There is swill and sublime with each. I typically have more Scotch than anything else, purely because in my little town, there is a better selection. Here's the current assortment of Scotch. (a bit hard to get them in one pic).

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
1 member likes this: airmedic1
Sidelock
Sidelock

My two favorite drinks, outside of good craft brewed beer of course, are Makers Mark and Tanqueray. I will also drink Bushmills on occasion.

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Smoothest stuff under 75.00 around here would be:
Old Forester 1920
Larceny barrel proof c922
Woodford double oaked store select

Picked up a OF single barrel store select 132 proof for 99.00 Sunday that I like much better than the 10yr RVW!

Sidelock
Sidelock

[quote=eeb If you want something different, try aged dark rum.[/quote]

https://www.papaspilar.com/pages/papas-rum
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
2 members like this: canvasback, eeb
Sidelock
Sidelock

You guys and your hard booze.

Best,
Ted

2 members like this: Ken Nelson, mc
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by canvasback
[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

Luxury.

I will always remember my first and second glasses of Laphroaig 10. First one was, 'What in Hell did I spend my money on? This tastes like tincture of iodine!' Second one was, 'Hrrm! Buggers may be onto something.'

Ardbeg 10 is Laphroaig double-shotted with chain. Two university-educated Glaswegians having a fistfight in one's mouth. It remains the stiffest, most daunting malt I've ever consumed. Love the stuff. Haven't had a glass in ten years, but it's memorable.

1 member likes this: airmedic1
Sidelock
Sidelock

Fudd, the bottle on the other side of the Laphroaig is Tallisker from the Isle of Skye. If you want peat, those three cover the bases. Your description of Ardbeg is on the money! Hahaha.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by SXS 40
...looking for suggestions for the best/smoothest after hunt/shoot bourbon and scotch...

Smoothest Scotch malt I know of would be Glengoyne 10. No peat at all. Closest thing the Scots make to an Irish, by my lights. Goes down like milk. I adore it, and buy it whenever I see it.

Last edited by Fudd; 11/30/23 10:35 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Fudd
Originally Posted by SXS 40
...looking for suggestions for the best/smoothest after hunt/shoot bourbon and scotch...

Smoothest Scotch malt I know of would be Glengoyne 10. No peat at all. Closest thing the Scots make to an Irish, by my lights. Goes down like milk. I adore it, and buy it whenever I see it.

Smooth is good, but no peat? How can it even be Scotch? smile

The Laphroaig Select is incredibly smooth as well, but it has some peat. The Offerman Lagavulins are the benchmark for me in that regard.

Does anyone cook with scotch? If you want to try something really different and really outstanding mix equal parts of a really peaty scotch with a high-end soy sauce and good maple syrup. Immerse an inner skirt steak or a flat-iron steak in it for 12-24 hrs and then grill to rare over a hot fire. I promise you it will be outstanding and something really different. But use a high-peat scotch like an Offerman or 16-yr Lagavulin.

On last year's Grouse Camp 2.0, the Jamison never got touched.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brent, going to try that marinade.

1 member likes this: BrentD, Prof
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.