March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Owenjj3, NCTarheel, gunmaker, 3 invisible), 381 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,006
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#63886 10/30/07 02:10 AM
Jimmy W Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Has anyone heard anything about Andy lately? Did everyone get their guns back? What's the latest? Does anyone know if he''ll go back in business? Keep us informed on this if you guys hear anything. Many thanks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I wonder why you ask these questions?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Does anyone know if he''ll go back in business?

Would you trust him if he did? I don't think I'd send him any of my guns. :-(

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have received guns from guys that had them with him to finish up. Gary Donavan has taken over shipping them. Ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: cherry bomb
I wonder why you ask these questions?

His question has more clarity then your reply.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

Send him a nice bottle of Chopin Vodka.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Andy screwed up and I am sure he would be the first to admit it. That said, I doubt that he will be back by himself. He might have a better chance going to work for another shop and having them handle the money and business end. He has burned too many people to get much business for a long time under his own name.

Sad fact is that he did good work and his abilities will be missed, but no one is going to send him more guns and money without some real solid assurances that the work will be done and the guns returned.

I just hope he gets his life back to geather. People seem to enjoy seeing others fall from grace and figure that they would have done a better job given the same circumstances. I honestly do not know what happened beyond rumors and tidbits from other post but when your life falls apart sometimes you just get caught up in the free fall and see now way out. More than one person has had a business fail and tried to keep it going by doing things that they never would have done under better circumstances. Ever rob Peter to pay Paul?

Ask a person who embezzeled money and they almost always intended to pay it right back, but the number got too large and they just could not stop untill they got caught. I had a lady working for me who had been with us for 15 years that did it. Family problems forced her into "borrowing money" and it just went on till she got caught. Ended up over two years time being a Best gun money. I ended up paying taxes on the money she stole.

She was like family and I did not want her or her kids to have the shame in a small town that she would have suffered from an arrest and conviction. It was like a lot of other cases just like it, it was kept quiet. She still works for me and will pay the money back if she lives another 125 years but her duties are different and she no longer handles the money.

In the end I decided that the money was not the important thing it was 15 years of working togeather. Some will say that I am a fool and should have had her arrested then tried to get my money back from her. Why? If she had any money to get, she never would have been in this situation in the first place.

Maybe Andy will get another chance. If so I will use him again onlyu if I am positive that this event he just went through can not happen again. Burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree completely with Ky Jon's post. I have operated a small business for many years, not a gun shop, but still one that deals with the public. When the economy goes south, sorta' like what is going on now with the housing market and the wider impact it is or will have on the general economy, it gets tough at times. His reputation is tarnished forever, but I also hope he gets it together again and can perhaps find a good source of employment to put his skills back to work. If he is working for someone else that is responsible for the "public" end of the business, I would send him work. A good doublegun smith is not easy to find, and Andy is a good mechanic.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jon,
You're a big hearted man and this lady is priviledged to know and work for you.

Andy's name came up Sunday at the range when someone mentioned that they had a Win 42 in his shop and had to get pretty forceful to get it back...work not done.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jon, you are a good man.......dare I say, better than I would be in a similiar situation.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.