May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Wild Skies, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 1,134 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,514
Posts545,670
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Jimmy W
.....And Al Gore only repeats what scientists say or project. You need to read more carefully before you repeat something....
Uh oh, compelling evidence. It must be true, from the invento..., um creator, of the internet. I like the five to seven year time tables, been through quite a few resets myself. Hey, you're just like algore, only parrot what you want to. Want to share any artwork of your private jet?

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

---

Last edited by Jimmy W; 02/19/24 09:59 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a non-combative curiosity about the topic. Question is really for Craigd. But anyone else can answer obviously.

If I buy a shotgun and outsource every aspect of its reconfiguration to my specifications, people would typically say they built it, as in, “I built this gun for shooting clays. Or pigeons, etc.”. And everyone who looked at it would know that the owner probably never touched a file.
And I doubt anyone at their club would say boo about it.

if a person has a new home built, people routinely say they built the house. Very possibly never touching anything heavier than a pencil or pen.
No one goes after them if they say the built their new home. Usually just the opposite, commenting on their good taste, or unique design elements.

If a large national, or even worldwide project has a champion at the highest level within our government, and they participate in the birthing of , a great big thing. Could have been NASA, the Internet, the highway system, nuclear bombs, whatever, is it OK for the person who pushed for that to say they built it? Even if they never touched a shovel?
Does pushing the funding required (essential for it to happen at all, whether we agree on the merits or not) allow the sponsor to say they built anything?

I could easily see John Adams, Jefferson, Lincoln, FDR, Eisenhower, Truman, Kennedy, Rickover, all sitting around a table in the afterlife somewhere talking about what it was they did on this planet during their mortal years, and what constitutes “built” might be a discussion good for 1 million years or so.

I’m just trying to see where the lines are as far as what constitutes built. I’m sure many of you live in a house that you “built”out .

What say ye?

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg,
Who built the Afghanistan withdrawal?

I’ll wait for it….

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I would say that if you are having a house built, they are probably building it to your specifications. And since the house was you idea and you are having blueprints made the way you want, isn't that part of the building process? So, you could probably say, "I am building a home." Or, "I am having a home built." Either would probably be acceptable, I think.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

If you put wood on a gun, you would more than likely say, I changed the stock and forearm. Someone like Wenig isn't going to say, they built his Parker shotgun, I hope.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you put wood on a gun, you would more than likely say, I changed the stock and forearm. Someone like Wenig isn't going to say, they built his Parker shotgun, I hope.

Same deal. If all of a sudden you are shooting at a Master level with the Parker, the wood was totally your doing.

Can’t hit squat with it?

“Those idiots at Wenig are worthless”.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

---

Last edited by Jimmy W; 02/19/24 10:00 PM.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein

Same deal. If all of a sudden you are shooting at a Master level with the Parker, the wood was totally your doing.

Can’t hit squat with it?

“Those idiots at Wenig are worthless”.

Best,
Ted

Last edited by Jimmy W; 02/18/24 07:02 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

It seems whenever the discussion drifts to climate change, the temperature goes up. As a skeptic, I'm willing to give the believers a chance to change my mind.

Here is a graph of the holocene from "historyoftheuniverse.com". It's easy to understand, and I'm assuming it was compiled by scientists, so it should be accurate.

[Linked Image from historyoftheuniverse.com]

Now, you say our climate is changing, I won't disagree, just answer two questions.

1) Please show me where on the graph our climate is supposed to be.
2) How long can we expect our correct climate to remain correct?

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.