April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jtplumb, Fudd, Ted Schefelbein, skeettx, 2 invisible), 478 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,472
Posts545,156
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Tfnaaf Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Looking for any information that someone may be able to provide on my Hollenbeck 3 barrel. I know it's missing 2 screws. One that's a Phillips head that I had that is temporary and the other is on the top that's missing. It has a replacement buttplate, and also a small dent in the left barrel (should be fairly easy to fix the dent). As you should be able to see in the photos that I hope show below, that it seems to be missing something. What exactly I'm not a 100% sure. The rifle barrel fires fine after cooking. On the other hand the 2 shotgun triggers seem to have zero spring tension. This I'm assuming is the main issue with the gun. From what I can see there has to be something missing. What I'm hoping for is that either one of you happen to have some photos of what it should look like, or better yet some dimensional drawings of what's what (lol like they exist anymore). Thanks in advance!

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last edited by Tfnaaf; 02/20/24 10:38 PM.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Welcome on your first posting

Last edited by skeettx; 02/20/24 03:10 PM.

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Tfnaaf Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Originally Posted by skeettx
Welcome on your first posting

I'm assuming from your post none of my images are visible? Please educate me on what I missed šŸ˜€ And thank you on the welcome. I've been a longtime reader. Just never had anything worthy of a post lol.

Last edited by Tfnaaf; 02/20/24 08:55 PM.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Click on any of the picture links above, move the cursor below the picture and hover over BB Code
Click on Copy and paste here.

Last edited by skeettx; 02/20/24 10:23 PM.

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Tfnaaf Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Originally Posted by skeettx
Click on any of the picture links above, move the cursor below the picture and hover over BB Code
Click on Copy and paste here.

Thanks for the information! Is there a limit on photos per post? Seems like I can only post 10 pictures?

Tfnaaf Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

A few more photos of the gun...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi, I have several Hollenbeck drillings but Iā€™m not a smith. Do you know what caliber the rifle is, sometime you can find the caliber stamped on the lugs or barrel flats.
Looking at the internals it appears(and Iā€™m guessing) the springs are missing for shotgun hammers.
You need to reach out to a gentleman named Tom Archer. I personally think he is the most knowledgeable person on everything Hollenbeck/Syracuse/Three Barrel and Royal Gun Co.
Carl

1 member likes this: Tfnaaf
Sidelock
Sidelock

The old factory ledger, I have a copy of, lists 738 as a Three-Barrel Gun Co. 12x12x.32-40 with 28-inch Damascus barrels, and half-pistol grip stock, shipped on 12/20/06 H.S.B.&Co. (Hibbard, Spencer, Bartlett & C0. in Chicago). It appears the Damascus barrels of 738 have been blued over. The Three-Barrel Gun Co. added the 0-grade to the line and beginning with serial number 654 the 0-grades comes to dominate the ledger. The 0-grade isn't in the little 1905 pocket catalog of The Three-Barrel Gun Co. but is in the 1906-07 catalog with either Damascus or Imported Steel Barrels. The 0-grade was only offered in 12-gauge and .32-40 or .30-30. By the 1908 The Three-Barrel Gun Co. catalog the 0-grade is listed with Crescent Steel Barrels.

The Feb. 13, 1900, patent date on the watertable of your gun is for Frank A. Hollenbeck's Patent No. 643,601 which covered the bolting mechanism used on these double and three-barrel West Virginia guns as well as the double gun produced by Baltimore Arms Co. The lock mechanism of the three-barrel guns was covered by Frank A, Hollenbeck's Patent No. 753,492 granted Mar. 1, 1904. I've never seen that date stamped on the guns, and Hollenbeck Gun Co. was headed into receivership by then.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There is a slot cut in the frame like Hollenbeck's earlier Baltimore Arms and Syracuse Arms doubles. A bottom plate slides into this slot and the V- mainsprings are trapped between this plate and the hammers. The hanging sears should have springs between the sears and the top of the frame.

This link shows assy of a Syracuse double:
https://www.doublegunshop.com/forum...;Main=43923&Number=548904#Post548904

A disassembled Baltimore Arms double:
https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=397066&page=2

The drilling should be similar to the doubles but not the same.

Tfnaaf Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Originally Posted by Researcher
The old factory ledger, I have a copy of, lists 738 as a Three-Barrel Gun Co. 12x12x.32-40 with 28-inch Damascus barrels, and half-pistol grip stock, shipped on 12/20/06 H.S.B.&Co. (Hibbard, Spencer, Bartlett & C0. in Chicago). It appears the Damascus barrels of 738 have been blued over. The Three-Barrel Gun Co. added the 0-grade to the line and beginning with serial number 654 the 0-grades comes to dominate the ledger. The 0-grade isn't in the little 1905 pocket catalog of The Three-Barrel Gun Co. but is in the 1906-07 catalog with either Damascus or Imported Steel Barrels. The 0-grade was only offered in 12-gauge and .32-40 or .30-30. By the 1908 The Three-Barrel Gun Co. catalog the 0-grade is listed with Crescent Steel Barrels.

The Feb. 13, 1900, patent date on the watertable of your gun is for Frank A. Hollenbeck's Patent No. 643,601 which covered the bolting mechanism used on these double and three-barrel West Virginia guns as well as the double gun produced by Baltimore Arms Co. The lock mechanism of the three-barrel guns was covered by Frank A, Hollenbeck's Patent No. 753,492 granted Mar. 1, 1904. I've never seen that date stamped on the guns, and Hollenbeck Gun Co. was headed into receivership by then.
Thank you for the detailed information. That helps a lot on my searching of information on the gun. THANK YOU!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.