April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Jem Finch), 868 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,447
Posts544,865
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 9,743
Likes: 743
Sidelock
**
Offline
Sidelock
**

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 9,743
Likes: 743
Originally Posted by mc
It wasn't an insurrection,it wasn't even a good riot minneapolis ,was a good riot Portland, was an insurrection burned down police station and court house and displaced city government.also held the mayor hostage in his condo.


According to Wikipedia, the Minneapolis and St. Paul riots were the second most destructive in US history, behind the Los Angeles riots in 1992. Police stations in Minneapolis and Apple Valley were burned to the ground, and about 1500 buildings were damaged.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aftermath_of_the_George_Floyd_protests_in_Minneapolis%E2%80%93Saint_Paul#


Best,
Ted

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,484
Likes: 391
Sidelock
***
Offline
Sidelock
***

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,484
Likes: 391
Originally Posted by craigd
Originally Posted by canvasback
....One thing the Left (I'm using that term in the broadest possible sense) is very good at is activism. Something the Right could learn from. Literally everything we typically decry here has it's origins not in a broad popular groundswell but is the result of decades of concerted effort by a very small number of activists. Suggesting MORE government legislation is probably not the answer. Long term the answer is clear......learn from the Left, get organized, get active and make the case for the things we believe in. Not because it's an election year. But because it's part of your lifestyle. These are generational battles that require decades of comiited activism. Until we start to do that, the Left will keep winning the battles.
I think it's a bit different. There are a very small few, who can fund the activism of their choosing. Ask any prof, students of the left are lazy, unless there's a stipend involved.


Except that it’s been happening everywhere across the Western world for over 50 years. Not just the US of the last 15.

Soros wasn’t financing anyone 50 years ago. Besides, there are a lot of right of centre billionaires who could do the same thing. But they don’t because we don’t ask them to. The difference is the right funds politicians. The left funds activism. You wanna win? You need activism. It only takes 8 % of a population to ignite a revolution.

Last edited by canvasback; 02/23/24 12:12 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,337
Likes: 388
Sidelock
**
Offline
Sidelock
**

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,337
Likes: 388
Originally Posted by canvasback
Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
The Right is very often too busy earning a living. That isn't really compatible with extremist activism. There were trucks feeding the BLM activists that burned down the precinct in Minneapolis.

Best,
Ted

You are making my point for me. I guess the Left was well organized for those BLM riots.

Wrong.

The BLM and ANTIFA riots were tolerated by a complicit Liberal Media and by activist Liberal Left Democrat Mayors, Governors, and District Attorneys. Police were ordered to stand down as violent riots went on for weeks.Their violent criminal looting and arson was excused by the Leftist Democrats and described as "mostly peaceful".. Many of these same Leftist Democrats refused offers from Donald Trump in 2020 to send in troops to quell the riots. Nor did they want to use their own State National Guard units. These cities were allowed to be looted and burned to create the false narrative that having Trump as President was the root cause of racial discord. They didn't care one bit that innocent citizens and business owners suffered, or that scores of police officers were injured. These cities were sacrificed as part of the Democrat plan to depose Trump. That was also the greatest incentive to shut down the economy during the Covid lockdowns. Covid also provided a convenient excuse for absentee ballots that made election fraud easier. The same Leftists who want extreme and excessive punishment for Jan. 6th protesters go out of their way to prevent equal justice for BLM and ANTIFA rioters.

Why was Kyle Rittenhouse identified immediately, and we still don't know the names of the post-Super Bowl Kansas City shooters???

To emulate that type of "activism" means Conservatives and Republicans would have to become just as evil and pathologically dishonest. We would have to become just as mentally ill to think we should imitate or copy their fascist behavior. Unfortunately, the Left has also learned they can intimidate many on the Right into silence. And when that doesn't work, they try censorship.


A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,463
Likes: 212
Sidelock
**
Offline
Sidelock
**

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,463
Likes: 212
I dunno cback, there are plenty of right of center(re) donors who put their money where their wallet is. The left wingers are happy to skew elections to destabilize, the right does it to get monstrous, no bid pork contracts? No doubt, there's a steady component to left wing "activism", but recent years has shown your exponential growth.

I think, the only, true as can be, "activism", or organic movement that arose from nowhere, was the President Trump election. jo didn't have activists pounding the ground. He had big money, how else would he have compliantly signed the order, killing the Keystone on day one, when he slept through the campaign, tucked away in care home conditions. No, watch any left wing activism? There are always well paid choreographers, dressing the actors in matching t-shirts, "organically" having professionally printed signage and luxo buses, spontaneously contracted to wisk in pros?

Having a relative younger child, you should be well aware that their schooling and stimulus, make it far more likely for them to nod in agreement with tru-jo and their ilk, than you would have gotten out of your early schooling. One big money has useful dupes, the other is a rino hedge fund, good ole boy's club.

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,484
Likes: 391
Sidelock
***
Offline
Sidelock
***

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,484
Likes: 391
Craig, you are talking about politics. I’m not.

I’m talking about social attitudes, which politics follows. Politics does not lead.

You mention schools. The Left infiltrated the institutions of education. School boards, teaching colleges, the government bureaucracy that oversee the whole system.

The Toronto School Board recently issued a curriculum guidebook for all of its teachers. It’s the largest school board in the country. The guide explicitly notes that “education IS white privilege”. That is not the doing of politicians. That is activism. But it sure affects how those students will vote in 5 to 15 years.

If one is fighting the battle with politicians and political parties only, you will lose. Those people Lloyd complains about, who moved into Colorado from Cali or NY and changed the place? They are activists. The politicians follow them.


The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,463
Likes: 212
Sidelock
**
Offline
Sidelock
**

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,463
Likes: 212
Okay, another example. In the US, Pesident T seated three Supreme Court Justices, and an R Senate blocked the obam nominee garland, who has become an activist at the highest level. Another activist at the highest level would be maiyorkiss, with his southern and northern porous border policy, both devised by an administration. I argue intentionally that the two, activism and politics, cannot be separated.

The US would look quite different, if the billary, of Canada based off shore political foreign campaign fundraising foundation, had shaped the high court of the US. The activists were still around, and so was the hypocrisy of so called, social attitudes? No big deal, you win, but votes matter and affect policy.

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,484
Likes: 391
Sidelock
***
Offline
Sidelock
***

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,484
Likes: 391
Originally Posted by craigd
Okay, another example. In the US, Pesident T seated three Supreme Court Justices, and an R Senate blocked the obam nominee garland, who has become an activist at the highest level. Another activist at the highest level would be maiyorkiss, with his southern and northern porous border policy, both devised by an administration. I argue intentionally that the two, activism and politics, cannot be separated.

The US would look quite different, if the billary, of Canada based off shore political foreign campaign fundraising foundation, had shaped the high court of the US. The activists were still around, and so was the hypocrisy of so called, social attitudes? No big deal, you win, but votes matter and affect policy.

Craig, I'm not saying those things aren't important. And I'm not saying that activism and politics aren't intertwined. But they happen because the groundwork has been laid. Over a long period of time. Politics alone won't win the game. For confirmation of that statement, look around.

From a 'shaping of society" standpoint, which is what this thread started out about, it starts with activism, that tills and prepares the soil, so politicians and judges can create the laws and legal precedents.

You can't get a Mayorkas out of the blue. His activism sits of the shoulders of thousands of lower level people who made it possible for him to reach those heights of power.

The way you get the votes is to have softened up the electorate to the ideas of the activists.

Last edited by canvasback; 02/23/24 09:28 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,857
Likes: 384
mc Offline
Sidelock
**
Offline
Sidelock
**

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,857
Likes: 384
A good example of activism and politics, is the tea party and ultimately the Obama administration using the IRS to shut them down.the tea party would affect the election of Obama and the Obama couldn't have that ,we think the democrats are wrong they think Republicans are evil.

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,484
Likes: 391
Sidelock
***
Offline
Sidelock
***

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,484
Likes: 391
Originally Posted by keith
Originally Posted by canvasback
Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
The Right is very often too busy earning a living. That isn't really compatible with extremist activism. There were trucks feeding the BLM activists that burned down the precinct in Minneapolis.

Best,
Ted

You are making my point for me. I guess the Left was well organized for those BLM riots.

Wrong.

The BLM and ANTIFA riots were tolerated by a complicit Liberal Media and by activist Liberal Left Democrat Mayors, Governors, and District Attorneys. Police were ordered to stand down as violent riots went on for weeks.Their violent criminal looting and arson was excused by the Leftist Democrats and described as "mostly peaceful".. Many of these same Leftist Democrats refused offers from Donald Trump in 2020 to send in troops to quell the riots. Nor did they want to use their own State National Guard units. These cities were allowed to be looted and burned to create the false narrative that having Trump as President was the root cause of racial discord. They didn't care one bit that innocent citizens and business owners suffered, or that scores of police officers were injured. These cities were sacrificed as part of the Democrat plan to depose Trump. That was also the greatest incentive to shut down the economy during the Covid lockdowns. Covid also provided a convenient excuse for absentee ballots that made election fraud easier. The same Leftists who want extreme and excessive punishment for Jan. 6th protesters go out of their way to prevent equal justice for BLM and ANTIFA rioters.

Why was Kyle Rittenhouse identified immediately, and we still don't know the names of the post-Super Bowl Kansas City shooters???

To emulate that type of "activism" means Conservatives and Republicans would have to become just as evil and pathologically dishonest. We would have to become just as mentally ill to think we should imitate or copy their fascist behavior. Unfortunately, the Left has also learned they can intimidate many on the Right into silence. And when that doesn't work, they try censorship.

No, not wrong and the evidence is everywhere. Being activist doesn't mean being a fascist. Doesn't mean being evil or pathologically dishonest. You are so simple minded Keith. You guys want to stick your head in the sand. You have watched this stuff your whole lives and you still don't understand what has really happened. How do you think the media got complicit? How do you think those Liberal Left Democrat Mayors, Governors and DAs got in power? You guys take such a short term view of things.....so you are always playing catch up.

Last edited by canvasback; 02/23/24 11:14 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,484
Likes: 391
Sidelock
***
Offline
Sidelock
***

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,484
Likes: 391
Originally Posted by mc
A good example of activism and politics, is the tea party and ultimately the Obama administration using the IRS to shut them down.the tea party would affect the election of Obama and the Obama couldn't have that ,we think the democrats are wrong they think Republicans are evil.

I'm glad someone here gets it. The Tea Party were activists. Different from politicians. We need more Tea Parties. We need more people who rise up again in a different form to continue the fight after they are politically stymied by a corrupt IRS doing Obama's dirty work. We need that shit going on for the next 40 year.......not 4 years.


The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!


Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5
(Release build 20201027)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.0.33-0+deb9u11+hw1 Page Time: 0.075s Queries: 37 (0.052s) Memory: 0.8736 MB (Peak: 1.8990 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2024-04-20 20:43:29 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS