May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Hammergun, Sandlapper, Borderbill, Ted Schefelbein, 2 invisible), 350 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,517
Posts545,694
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 25 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 24 25
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

There are literally crows, everywhere, around here. New, from when I was a kid, is actual ravens hanging around the suburbs. I never saw that as a kid.
The crows, seagulls and Giant Canada geese all do quite well in even urban settings. We watched a Red Tail hawk take a squirrel off the bird feeder, between the house and the garage, yesterday. Pretty sure it was a haggard, and all about easy pickings, but, that didn’t happen, here, 20 years ago.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

There are now a pair of bald eagles nesting in downtown Toronto, the centre of a 7 million person metro area. Fifth biggest in NA.

For many years my father had a 15 acre island on Lake of the Woods.There was an eagles nest on the southern part. We weren’t allowed by the government to do anything on the southern half of his island for fear of disturbing the eagles. This despite the fact that eagles have been commonplace at LOTW for 40 years. Another pair built a nest at eye level from a friends deck atop a 45’ cliff. The nest was 60 feet away and we could see into it. Every year we’d watch a new hatch grow. But the wizards thought eagles can’t manage proximity to human activity.

In many cases the biologists and what we call the MNR don’t have a clue about what is really going on. I’m with Chief. Provide irrefutable evidence of no harm from lead and it won’t change policy one iota. Because it’s not about what they say it’s about.

Besides, everyone with eyes and a brain knows they’ve been lying to us about the spread of cougars eastward from the Rockies.

Last edited by canvasback; 03/19/24 04:40 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by canvasback
There are now a pair of bald eagles nesting in downtown Toronto, the centre of a 7 million person metro area. Fifth biggest in NA.

For many years my father had a 15 acre island on Lake of the Woods.There was an eagles nest on the southern part. We weren’t allowed by the government to do anything on the southern half of his island for fear of disturbing the eagles. This despite the fact that eagles have been commonplace at LOTW for 40 years. Another pair built a nest at eye level from a friends deck atop a 45’ cliff. The nest was 60 feet away and we could see into it. Every year we’d watch a new hatch grow. But the wizards thought eagles can’t manage proximity to human activity.

In many cases the biologists and what we call the MNR don’t have a clue about what is really going on. I’m with Chief. Provide irrefutable evidence of no harm from lead and it won’t change policy one iota. Because it’s not about what they say it’s about.

Besides, everyone with eyes and a brain knows they’ve been lying to us about the spread of cougars eastward from the Rockies.

Biologists do not make policy.

What is the cougar conspiracy?

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1 member likes this: Jimmy W
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ChiefAmungum
Brent, No shortage here, want a few? They'll bounce back.

In case you missed it I think no tox for waterfowl has a good case going. In fact my whole dissatisfaction with the get the lead out movement has much more to do with unnecessary restrictions that you, yourself just alluded to. Is lead causing a decline in populations other than waterfowl. Or are those populations coping. I think they are.

Then you have the anti shooting/hunting crusaders that have found some leverage in our government. I truly believe that even if the perfect no tox alternative to lead is produced that agenda will remain active.

Chief

Chief, the antihunting crusaders will always be with us, just as the anti-lead poisoning crusaders will always be with us, including right here on this forum. What is important is the rational folks in the middle. They are the ones that need to be heard so we can make reasonable decisions. The others should only be ignored yet the extremists seem to be driving the boats lately.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

Iowa DNR made it quite clear there were no cougars here even with all the game camera pictures. They had to walk that back a bit when Des Moines PD had to shoot the one in town between a school and a day care.

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Mark II
Iowa DNR made it quite clear there were no cougars here even with all the game camera pictures. They had to walk that back a bit when Des Moines PD had to shoot the one in town between a school and a day care.

You choose to willfully misrepresent the d.N.R on that you know, why?

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
…..Biologists do not make policy….
I’m a crusader. Some biologists, wink, have to churn out data that policy makers pay for, right prof. Luv me some grants.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by craigd
…..Biologists do not make policy….
I’m a crusader. Some biologists, wink, have to churn out data that policy makers pay for, right prof. Luv me some grants.

Yeah! Who needs education anyway! Ignorance is the way of the future! I think wildlife should be managed by roulette wheel....just think of the savings!

Or something like that...

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not much point having a conversation when you pretend not to know what I’m talking about.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not much point having a conversation when you pretend not to know what I’m talking about.

In other words, you are all hat and no cattle.

Just another big windy.

_________

Page 12 of 25 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.