April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (GETTEMANS), 411 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,299
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by gunny
so what the F#$% can we do about it besides bitchn to the choir. does anyone have a solution?

Good grief, that's simple.

This "board" governs only a puffy, little grant program for mostly children and not the governing board for the Colorado Parks and Wildlife? Maybe you missed that.

Did you, your children, or grandchildren apply for the board? There were only 40 applications.

Now YOU could propose a program for a hunting or shooting activities on Colo public lands that would recruit new hunters and shooters to the outdoors and even receive some of this grant money to do it. You are all about recruiting new young people to the sports, not just providing new things for people already engaged, right?

Or you could, entirely independent of the Colorado Parks and Wildlife, host youth activities to recruit new people to the ranks?

Nah. I didn't think so either. But if you want to get anywhere productive, you have to leave the comfort of "the choir" and start talking to the people that scare you so.

Fire away.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1 member likes this: Jimmy W
Sidelock
Sidelock

Much as I hate to agree with Brent, he's right.

The "Right" constantly gets outflanked by the "Left" because the Left is filled with activists that work for the long haul. Generational. This DEI stuff, wokeism, whatever you want to call it. the infringement on gun and property rights blah blah blah ad nauseaum, didn't happen overnight. it has been a long time coming.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Yeah, Brent's right here. Older conservative folks just don't want to get involved and then this happens. If you're even remotely comfortable, you usually just don't care and only want to be left alone. I get it.

Slouching towards Gomorra. Bork had it right.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 03/27/24 04:47 PM.
1 member likes this: John Roberts
Sidelock
Sidelock

“Push back against the age as hard as it pushes against you.”

Flannery O’Connor

Speude Bradeos
1 member likes this: Jimmy W
Sidelock
Sidelock

One thing I try to do is be the very best hunter-conservationist I can. I believe hunters understand nature and ecology better than most people (even better than academically trained ecologists), but too often I see hunters dismiss parts of nature that aren’t game animals. In a public forum a thoughtful hunter-conservationist can stand toe to toe with any non-hunting outdoor advocate, but the hunter has to understand and speak about conserving all parts of nature, not just game animals. In a recent public meeting I saw a hunter say “We don’t care about the little birds” speaking of songbirds. In my opinion, he basically gave away his power when he said that. If I’m going to advocate that hunting has a place in a healthy, functioning ecosystem, I want to know that ecosystem better than anyone, and have stewardship cred that can’t be challenged. If hunters walk—the-walk I think we’ll keep our place on the landscape.

4 members like this: SKB, canvasback, Jimmy W, BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by canvasback

The "Right" constantly gets outflanked by the "Left" because the Left is filled with activists that work for the long haul. Generational. This DEI stuff, wokeism, whatever you want to call it. the infringement on gun and property rights blah blah blah ad nauseaum, didn't happen overnight. it has been a long time coming.
No, cback, the prof is not. If he isn't flat out wrong, he's at least a hypocrit. Bottom line, his feel good opinion has nothing to do with science that he often belittles others about. It is as predictable as a dem playing the race or gender card, run the other way when all they bring is an emotional tug on heartstrings, by invoking children.

Steve and Brent would you do a courtesy revisit some time about specific numbers of kids, who join school/club shooting teams, claim to have a responsible parent purchase one or more weekend recreational arm, purchased a youth hunting license in their name, etc. Or, maybe we look the other way, when it comes to results.

1 member likes this: John Roberts
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Lloyd3
Yeah, Brent's right here. Older conservative folks just don't want to get involved and then this happens. If you're even remotely comfortable, you usually just don't care and only want to be left alone. I get it.

Slouching towards Gomorra. Bork had it right.
To expand on my comment to cback, the resumes and agendas that you listed are a significant amount of unrelated, negative baggage, to simply be dismissed because children are invoked.

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by craigd

No, cback, the prof is not. If he isn't flat out wrong, he's at least a hypocrit. Bottom line, his feel good opinion has nothing to do with science that he often belittles others about. It is as predictable as a dem playing the race or gender card, run the other way when all they bring is an emotional tug on heartstrings, by invoking children.

Steve and Brent would you do a courtesy revisit some time about specific numbers of kids, who join school/club shooting teams, claim to have a responsible parent purchase one or more weekend recreational arm, purchased a youth hunting license in their name, etc. Or, maybe we look the other way, when it comes to results.

You can say that stuff Craig but the empirical evidence across NA, Western Europe, Australia and New Zealand says I’m right. I’m not talking just about teenage eco hunter programs. I’m talking about all of society. The vast majority of people who get up in the morning a dedicate their day to activism in support of some cause are on the Left.

Last edited by canvasback; 03/27/24 10:47 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
1 member likes this: craigd
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by gunny
so what the F#$% can we do about it besides bitchn to the choir. does anyone have a solution?

Good grief, that's simple.

This "board" governs only a puffy, little grant program for mostly children and not the governing board for the Colorado Parks and Wildlife? Maybe you missed that.

Did you, your children, or grandchildren apply for the board? There were only 40 applications.

Now YOU could propose a program for a hunting or shooting activities on Colo public lands that would recruit new hunters and shooters to the outdoors and even receive some of this grant money to do it. You are all about recruiting new young people to the sports, not just providing new things for people already engaged, right?

Or you could, entirely independent of the Colorado Parks and Wildlife, host youth activities to recruit new people to the ranks?

Nah. I didn't think so either. But if you want to get anywhere productive, you have to leave the comfort of "the choir" and start talking to the people that scare you so.

Fire away.

I’m going to bet that filing with the board to begin a youth firearms safety course might not fit the social justice theme that runs through the rather sad resume’s posted above.

Just a guess.

Best,
Ted

1 member likes this: craigd
Sidelock
Sidelock

....You can say that stuff Craig but the empirical evidence across NA, Western Europe, Australia and New Zealand says I’m right....
Thanks cback. I admit that I'd prefer to limit the discussion to the US for reasons that you might predict, but I'd share if it helps. Anyway, I'd be open to being pointed towards any empirical evidence that has worked for any issue, right of center. If you will, it can't be an issue that the left capitulates on, such as defund then fund the police again?

I'll edit to add that I can appreciate your passion for this broad strategy, but I didn't criticize the theory, I disagree with your conclusion of prof's example.

Last edited by craigd; 03/27/24 11:11 PM.
1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.