Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

This brings back some memories. I bet that's far enough back that it was on the old board. Remember the forerunner to this board started as gunshop.com back in the 90's? I don't recall when the double figured into the site name and the board was revised. It may explain why you can't find very old posts.

I recall the discussions of this book on the board when it was newly published. I also seem to remember realizing that it was a nom de plume though I cannot remember his real name. When it came to ordering the book, the procedure back then was to put US currency into a letter and mail it to Australia. I'll have to find my copy of his book. Ron I think put a personal inscription in each copy sold on the board.

There were some good stories that now I want to reread.

2 members like this: Jimmy W, Geo. Newbern
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wouldn't it be something if he was the writer of the Phantom comics? That was THE COMIC that everyone followed in the newspaper back in the 1960s. I delivered the local newspaper back then and everyone followed The Phantom. Maybe we had a bigger celebrity on here than everyone thought.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I found my copy in my library. The personalized inscription by the author is dated June 2000. 24 years of CRS, but I think it was when Ron gave me his mailing address to send payment which had his real name that I realized Ron was his pen name. I can't find any emails more than 20 years old so I guess it's gone. The picture of the back of the book shows Ron as a middle aged man, so 25 years later he is either much older or departed.

There are probably lots of forum members who were here in 2000 that are no longer with us.

For any newer forum members who didn't get a copy of Reflections, a quick search will turn up used copies for sale. I read a chapter this morning when I got up. I think I'll go back and reread the book.
I remember enjoying it in 2000 and if you read this board, you will probably enjoy reading it too.

2 members like this: Geo. Newbern, Jimmy W
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.