March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (SKB, Dan S. W., Sandlapper, 1 invisible), 722 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,016
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#67758 11/23/07 07:18 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Charlton Hall have their catalogue on-line now. there were a few posters asking about this earlier so the link is:

http://www.charltonhallauctions.com/?pageid=2&auctionid=64

Gavin Gardiner and Bonhams also have catalogues on line at the moment.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pretty impressive catalog, I think I may make the trip..

Columbia also has a first class zoo and the State Capitol. Tough to tell them apart sometime.Regards

Exorcisms performed cheaply. "We get the Hell out!"
Sidelock
Sidelock

I plan to come along with several others fron the Upstate of
South Carolina. Anxiously awaiting the sale.
Bill McPhail

J W McPhail
Sidelock
Sidelock

Columbia also held the first secession convention in the First Baptist Church (still standing). The convention was adjourned to Charleston for fear of a smallpox epidemic. The state capiton still bears the marks of hits by Genl. W.T. Sherman's artillery during his "urban renewal" march. Charlton Hall Auctioneers is located in the VISTA (Columbia's historic district).

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Looks like lots of nice items.Too bad its not closer
Two comments, first it does seem if they will charge sales tax for items that are shipped out of state(not common in the auction biz) which would add 22% to the hammer price.Second the pictures for those who like to bid over phone or absentee out of state could be better.More and better pictures would add more bidders.JMHO of course

Last edited by Dave K; 11/23/07 04:56 PM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Photos and descriptions are horrible! I looked at the Lefevers they had, they don't tell what grade they are.
Poor catalog in my book! If your a absentee bidder(like I would be)theres no way you can make a good educated bid from that crap!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Battle: Go to Holt's, Bonham's, Christie's or Sotheby's site. At most you'll get one side view picture (sometimes no picture)
Full descriptions are only a phone call or e-mail away. Anyhow, give them a break. This is their first time at bat. Full colour printed catalogues are available as well.

Best Regards, George

Last edited by George L.; 11/25/07 12:26 AM.

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

George L,
go to Julia's,Amoskeage,Greg Martin,Rock Island,or even Devine and it kicks butt over that online catalog.Facts are the pictures are poor and they are overcharging (if they are trying to collect sales tax for shipped items)by collecting sales tax on shipped items.Just pointing out the facts,no need to use "comps" to others who don't know about selling guns either.As someone in the gun business you should know that.

Last edited by Dave K; 11/23/07 10:13 PM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

"Battle: Go to Holt's, Bonham's, Christie's or Southeby's site. At most you'll get one side view picture (sometimes no picture)
Full descriptions are only a phone call or e-mail away. Anyhow, give them a break. This is their first time at bat. Full colour printed catalogues are available as well."

Hummmmmmm.......me thinks those are UK auction houses. Just today i looked over what Rock Island and JC Devine has to offer in near future, they cover the gun well. Also Greg Martin is by far the best on pics and descriptions!
Theres still no excuse for not having the grade of gun marked!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.