May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (earlyriser, NCTarheel, Guy Ave, gil russell, 1 invisible), 618 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,491
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Last Dollar

And Joe, I never asked if the gun was a good buy. Perhaps you could get Robert Chamabers to read you the post S L O W LY, so you could understand it..

And I never said it was a bad buy.....perhapes he should read yOu your own post real slow so you could understand what yOu posted.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think Mr. Joe got you there. I think the first post by Mr. Dollar more than implied a question that he denies asking. "At what point....."

eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Geez, this place just gets more weird with every passing day. Is the moon full tonight??

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's the snOw up North and the heat down South.
jOe

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

8bore, you werent meant to be included, I apologize if I offended.....The gun is a small frame and quite elegant..Yes you can hunt on my ranch and my neighbors as well...126 posts? read em..You replied to a few...Full moon??? AAAaaaaaHOoooooooooo! 2 more roosters today with the 10 "E".....(I actually own a Parker 28 DHE, at my "I'll get it back to you after the season Brothers" for the last 6-7 years..Bitter I aint, disgusted sometimes? yepper...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Do the barrels on the inside look like one of your Kansas brick streets ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

EDM, don't know Dan Behr or Doug Scott, either, but am sure they are fine fellows. Lots of double gun guys here and I will try to find these. Hmmmm, the weather today was fine until the snow. Plan to hunt pheasants on Sunday with a "hammerless" 1871 Wm. Moore and Grey 16 bore. It does have external cocking levers, though. Other fellow says he will use an RBL-----poor guy. Call when you get here in the summer. Not too many Parkers, but too many others.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm having a hard time following here...........Are you saying a gun in the hand is worth a push in the bush?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well,regarding pitted barrels, I only know of one way to skin this cat. I am not aware of any way to determine the depth of the pits. The barrel wall thickness is the limiting factor. I know of no one who has determined a way to measure the depth of pitting in the bore. The best method I know of to deal with it is to carefully measure the wall thickness over the entire length of the barrels. If there is sufficient thickness to warrant it, the barrels can be re-bored with a .005"-over reamer and the pits re-examined. If the pits are gone, the deepest one was .0025". If not, and there is still sufficient barrel wall thickness, you can re-ream and take another .005" from the bore (.0025" from the wall thickness) and re-examine. If you get to minimum wall thickness (determined by who?) and still have significant pitting, then you are stuck. It isn't a perfect solution, and involves taking a chance on the gun and your investment to find the answer, but I don't know of any other method to find the answer. If it is a small bore gun of higher grade, the potential rewards are great as Eightbore points out. However, I have a VH 28 ga. in my possession with severely pitted barrels that still has original diameter bores (has never been reamed) yet has minimal wall thickness (from the factory). Therefore, I am stuck...

Sidelock
Sidelock

VH,
There is another choice. You can have them sleeved. If the gun is otherwise in good shape, this may be the only economical solution. It won't be a collectable afterward, but it probably isn't now.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.