Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chuck H
VH,
There is another choice. You can have them sleeved. If the gun is otherwise in good shape, this may be the only economical solution. It won't be a collectable afterward, but it probably isn't now.

Yes, of course - or sub-gauge tubed, or for a 12 bore, Teague-lined. But I was answering the original question: "At what point do they become too bad to work with?" No one had actually answered the question that I could see. My answer was an attempt to explain how to arrive at that determination. I had chosen sleeving as the only solution for the Parker 28, and even made an attempt to contact John Foster about it, but for now I'll wait. Maybe Teague will one day offer their services for other gauges (wishful thinking...).

Last edited by vh20; 12/21/07 01:51 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Or he could buy it and shoot it...

Then imagine he's are a Kansas street cleaner.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks, and from us here at "Hunters Ranch" a Merry Christmas, Happy and Prosperous New Year, and Good Gunning to all...........

Sidelock
Sidelock

You know, my wife is PMS right now. Damn. Doesn't matter what I say, its wrong. I always thought this was some female physiological condition that concerned hormones and cramping. Now, I wonder if she has "internet advice discussion disease?"

Merry Christmas.

Jake

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
EDM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: EDM
Methinks this was your private joke on Internet pundits who are so ready, willing and able to express strong opinions based on no information whatsoever. EDM

So here we have a guy--Last Dollar--who shoots a Lefever Twist regularly and claims to own a Parker DHE 28-bore on a phishing expedition...or as I called it, a private joke. Or as he puts it in retrospect, a test of the system. Is anyone laughing?

In the bad old days of anonoyminity on the first Parker BBS, we'd have the occasional large-breasted dumb-blond widow lady who claimed to have found a tiny Parker in the back of her closet and ever so credulously would solicit information and finally, playing the pundits like a violin (or a fish), the otherwise unknown person would finally raise the stakes by seeking help getting rid of it--"Don't want no gun around the house." An amazing amount of time was spent debating the legitamacy of the postings, some defending the putative "her" as if she was a Vestual Virgin, others claiming fraud. I think we have been defrauded here. Last Dollar ought to be ashamed of himself. Is there some way to block his further pap? EDM

EDM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Let's not be too hasty to endeavor to block pap from this BB....it could completely ban some of the world's greatest experts from posting. (If I should have capitalized -World's Greatest Experts- please consider it done.)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Last Dollar, I am sorry that you never really got an accurate answer to your question. The fact about Damascus barreled guns is that they are truly dangerous to shoot. Even if you couldn't see any pits in the barrels, a small undetectable pit could be dangerous. So, as someone mentioned, having a gunsmith look at it wouldn't do any good and if he were any kind of a gunsmith, he would probably tell you not to buy or shoot the gun. On this board, we had one of the best damascus barrel experts by the name of Oscar Gaddy, before he passed away. Even he agreed with the fact that if you proof test a gun with damascus barrels, you could damage the gun to the point where it could blow up in your face. So damascus barreled guns are a no win situation. You could sleeve it or put Teague liners in it, but you wouldn't want to drag a club through the woods, now would you? This is the answer someone should have given you. I think some of them did...... Someone brought up the disorder of PMS. I guess the reason I have been single/divorced for the past twenty five years is because someone told me that the reason they named it PMS was because they had already given the term Mad Cow to another disease. Now I have this miserable disorder. And there is nothing I can do about it. So, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, Last Dollar. Sincerely............Denny Crane.

Sidelock
Sidelock

So, Last Dollar, should we be leary of your future posts, assuming they, too, may be as your describe-----

" just wanted to see if you guys were on your toes, and to give some of the contributors? a chance to reach their pomposity and arrogance quotients"

Hardly the fellow friends , who were your hunters, describe. I'm puzzled.

Last edited by Daryl Hallquist; 12/21/07 03:21 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

"quotients"....Is that an insult ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good question, Daryl. I'm quite leary of many questioning posts and reply only with technical and historical answers until the questioner becomes "my best friend". Then I open up like a sinner on his deathbed.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.