April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Stanton Hillis, Skeeterbd, MattH, 2 invisible), 871 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,832
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Rockdoc Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

How much are you paying these days for:
-trap
-skeet
-5-stand
-Sporting clays (50)
I'm just curious, one of the only disapointing things I've found moving to Houston is the cost of clays (compared to what I paid in Illinois) such as 5-stand $5 in IL as opposed to $9.25 in TX. Am I just cheap (like my wife acuses me of) or does $9.25 seem excessive.
Thanks for your input on this question.
Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve,
It was/is $40/100 sporting clays at our range in the L.A. area. I don't shoot trap nor enough of the other games to recall. It is slated to go up after the new year. I dunno how much. 10% would not be a surprise with this owner. They won't be satisfied until they've driven off everyone.

Trap & Skeet are $5.25 per round at our club in St. Louis.

Sporting Clays are $30/per 100.

JERRY

tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

For members: trap [voice pull], skeet [self pull] & bunker [voice pull] are $3.50 a round as I recall. Bunker may be a bit higher, I don't pay that much attention, I just get a handful of tokens and go shoot; turn the ones I don't use back in for credit or keep them for another day when paying out. If you wish a puller for skeet then its $5.50 per round. Sporting, and powder pigeon is $.22/per target [each shooter is given a modular target counter, the station won't function w/o the counter being plugged in]. Helice are $2 per target. Guest fees for targets are higher.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Trap and skeet are 3.00 a round, 35.00 a round of clays. Trap and Skeet in Huntsville AL, (Sharon Johnson Park) Clays in Ardmore Al. both a 10 minute drive from my house.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A bakers dozen card is $50 for skeet, trap, wooble skeet or wooble trap at Coeur d'Alene Skeet & Trap.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Over here, a rule of thumb is £22 per hundred practice, £30 to £40 Competition ( Club prices, Nationals & Internationals are loaded about £10 -£20 extra).
NOW here is the rub, your clubs and facilities are way out in front of us, yours are much better.
Clays only cost about 3cents to retail so that is one hell of a mark up to pay for the grounds and equipment over a reasonable time in a well populated and popular venue.
Do YOU know any poor ground owners?
Whilst we are on the subject, how long are we going to put up with the shell price increases due to the cost of lead?
They will not go down when lead price levels, indeed this last year it has on occassions dropped.Also why do we pay more for 7/8 0z shells, 20 bore, 28, .410 etc. ?
Low volume, high production costs? My A** Mule, Donkey or what ever word you Americans forbid me to print.
Slowly slowly we are returning to the elitist pastime of the early 20th century when only the Gentry could afford to pursue clayshooting as a pastime.
Clays and Shells can be cheaper, so please patronise the manufacturers who do not indulge in profiteering.
Currently we are paying over $500 per 1000 for most Premium grade Game shells size 6 shot and larger pellets, and this is for 1oz as well as larger loads, so it really has nothing at all to do with the cost of lead.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Move to Alpena, Michigan. Home of the one state economic depression. A very nice automated clays course is $12/50 for members. Across the road is a trap/skeet club with some of the nicest folks you ever popped a cap with. $2.50/line for members. Both of these clubs charge a whopping $40/year for club membership.

Prices will probably be going up nominally. Targets are going up. We will increase to cover the cost of birds, but not to gouge. Even at non-profit prices, the clubs are underutilized. Just not enough shooters.

On the other side of the state, Emmet county just completed a major renovation and improvement. Running water now, and clubhouse like Hilton hotel. Trap/skeet/ wobble/crazy quail is $4. Five stand, which is the best one in the state, is $5. Club membership is $76/year.

Come on up, we need shooters.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

San Diego has sporters and bunker at 7 bucks a round. I think it is 5 for trap and skeet. Seems expensive to me but it is a great facility and I am glad its here. Chuck, you should come down and shoot sometime. RCC

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
Sidelock
Sidelock

In the Hamburg area of Pa. Skeet is $5.00 for a round of 25 birds. Sporting Clays is $20 for a round of 50 birds.

David

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.