March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Borderbill, ChiefAmungum, JDH, KDGJ, Marc Ret, 1 invisible), 366 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,989
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

King,
I believe your 105mm would be compatible with a new D50,40, 70,80,200, or 300 camera. If it is not an AF-D, it would not have auto focus and possibly no auto exposure. Take your lens with you to a camera store or let me know if it's a AIS or AF-D lens.

Sidelock
Sidelock

This picture of a sear was taken with an inexpensive Fuji FinePix, with 3.2MP and
macro capability. Used a table lamp for lighting and a small tripod.

You can go the several hundred dollar way and you will get great pictures (I'd really
like a digital SLR), but for posting photos on the net you don't really need very
sophisticated equipment.

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have had Nikon cameras since I bought my first Nikon F in 1972.
I have a bunch of lenses, I used to buy non-AI Nikkor lenses and have them converted to AI.
I bought a used Nikon D1X off e-bay and had it overhauled and brought up to date. These are fairly cheap today as Nikon have brought out several models which supersede the D1X. But it's heavy, but I can use a lot of my converted and late model AIS lenses from my Nikon FM2T film camera. Really good vasue for money, about $500.00 for a used body.
I'm now looking for a used Nikon D70 body, they are a lot of camera for the money. I buy my photographic stuff from B&H Photo, they have tons of good used film and digital Nikon camera bodies and lenses. I like Nikon and have had good results with all the Nikons I have owned. I have a Nikon Coolpix LC 2 as a pocket camera, it works, but it is a pocket camera after all.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm with Mike on B&H and Nikons. I bought my first Nikon camera in 1967 as a Nikomat (Japan model spelling) FtN and my next was a F2S in 1974. I've since gone thru several later film cameras and finally to this D50 I have now. I am lusting for the D300 after using my neighbor's. But, I'm taking it slow here abit, since the house needs work as well as some project guns. A new model D60 is coming out which is a lower model in their line of SLRs that may also be promising. But the D300 has some features that make it actually capture better color saturation etc.

Personally, I like taking the quick detail pics I put on this site with my midsized point n shoot since it's faster to get a picture and has great quality. The SLR takes a bit of time, change lenses to a macro then get the flash out and all. There's no doubt higher quality is achieveable with my SLR over the PnS, but you have to work harder to get it.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thank you all for the information and advice. I am going to try the equipment I have now and see how it turns out. I will also do some research on the digitals, but having been spoiled by the SLR feature I suspect I would have to have it in the model I choose. I will for certain be referencing these posts while I work toward a decision. Thank you all again! Kurt

Sidelock
Sidelock

The great thing about the digitals is the instant gratification. I shoot my Canon G3 through the computer, all functions controlled by the keyboard except aiming. I take the shot and if it's not what I want I hit DELETE and shoot again. You can't do that with film.

Sometimes I read a post asking for info on a gun and I have the gun in my collection. I can set up, take a shot, process and have it posted in about 15 minutes. Again, not possible with film. It's the best for the web.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.