April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Fudd, buckstix), 666 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,484
Posts545,259
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Life is great, boyz. Soon I will be getting 20lb box from TX full of ammo for my newest rig. I'm one of the guys lookin for great gun deals now and in the near future.
Oh yeh, the newest attempt at world conquest is nothing more then redistribution of tax $ from the middle to the top.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the grammar lesson, I went to public school and they never taught me that I could say what ever I want as long as it was followed by a question mark.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chuck H
On real estate, I thought it was crashing in CA. But yesterday I heard a house on my street went for near 3 times what I paid for my house 11 yrs ago. Seemed crazy to me.

But you probably have a neigbor who paid 50% more two years ago than that one went for and he thinks the world is upside down. I know how he feels. After the oil bust in the 80s Amarillo had the most affordable housing in the nation and typically had over a year's inventory.

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.

I wasn't trying to SAY anything; I asked a simple question. I got the answer and then UNDERSTOOD. I'm into double barrel guns and old guns,wooden stocks, not AR-15's. I didn't know about the slang term for AR-15's. Why do you want to make more out of this than existed?

Last edited by Yogi 000; 03/19/08 10:51 AM.

http://www.icm.cc
transforming ideas into reality
Sidelock
Sidelock

I recall an outdoor writer that didn't like the Black Guns..

Sidelock
Sidelock

WAY OT, but what really scares me is not dollars nor doubles in trouble, but the fact that our dollars don't seem to buy us reliable military small arms YET!

My baby son just completed USMC basic training at Parris Island. He did well; was platoon honor grad, shot Expert, came out a Pfc.--"pretty good for a college boy," as his senior DI told me.

He was issued a new FN-USA-made M16A1, which he nicknamed "Sandy" because she jammed at even the sight of sand (PI is made of sand). During the "Crucible" section, in a night live fire exercise, he found the target, squeezed off, and got a CLICK. Cleared the weapon as per training, and got a CLICK. One CLICK later, he rolled over on his back, stripped the weapon, relubed, and finally got his CRACK, CRACK, CRACK--minutes late. Swears to me that he spent about two hours preparing Sandy for the situation--strip, clean, lube, clean--as trained.

Now that scares the CRAP out of me. Told him to get hold of a Jungle Gun as soon as he was allowed, and then I got him a Ruger KP345 for when he's allowed a sidearm (which may be only when he's on leave). Not exactly precision arms, but they never just go CLICK.

I'm an old fart and had hoped to NEVER hear this M16 story again. But I've heard it from both Afghanistan and that other sandy place. What gives in the Republic, anyway? I know there's plenty wrong (like always), but why in Hell can't we get the basics, like rifles and VA healthcare for our troops right?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

That would be the simple answer Paul, but there are a number of things in the crosshairs of life. Changes could come fast. Choose your guns & rifles well ol'boy - and get to higher ground!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I do the cleaning and maintenance of the M16s and M4s at my club and they are generally reliable but DO require frequent cleaning. The Ak47s on the other hand just seem to continue to function even without much cleaning. I've never had the opportunity to use either of these types of weapons under adverse outdoor conditions so I can't speak to their reliability in those situations.
An additional point:
I've seen the cost of ammo go up sharply over the last year. Most of the ammo sold at my club is MAGTECH which in manufactired in Brazil.
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 03/20/08 02:12 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd forget the lube, or go with graphite. Sand loves oil.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike -

Disconcerting story for sure from your son, but having shot most of the M16A2 variants in a many different climates and places, I would still chose it over ANY of the AK variants. The M16A2 (and its many derivatives) is not a perfect weapon, but it vastly improved over the earlier versions. To a gun, the AKs I have shot were rougher than a cob, demonstrated poor accuracy, were equipped with crude optics, and had generally poor ergonomics. Reliability was very good in the AKs, but it was not awful in the M16A2.

Best of success to your son - SF,

Ken

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.