March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
10 members (Gunning Bird, Dave Weber, FlyChamps, ksauers1, 3 invisible), 287 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts543,995
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Sidelock
Sidelock

Harry, we are more alike than I thought. Though I still don't know which way is up on a file.

Brent

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

One thing no one has mentioned or is it just me but there looks like someone standing in the doorway on the picture with the three sitting on the steps. Is this a man with a shooting stick, a woman with a broom or am I seeing things. I have seen other Niedner pictures with what looks like another person in the background. Bad eyesight, a good imagination or do I need to change meds?

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think it's a man with a gun and a black hat. That's my guess anyway.

Brent

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

I can't agree Brent, I believe it's a fairly elderly woman with either a broom or a rake. The handle is too large to be a shooting stick (compare the size with those in the foreground).

I thought all those little cabins out in the boonies came with a little lady, who's job it was to cook those varmints the men shot. lol.

Harry

Biology is the only science where multiplication can be achieved by division.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Another project for the future, the Zischang triggers will go in this one. A Zischang style schuetzen rifle in caliber 32-40.

Just wanted to quickly chime in, and thank Michael, et al, for the incredible information, and wonderful photographs. I hadn't looked at this forum for some time, and sure glad I checked in. Wonderful stuff!!!

Jeff

Sidelock
Sidelock

Harry, I think the "broomstick" is a gun. Possibly even a double. And if it was a little old lady and she was cooking their kills, I feel sorry for them. Woodchuck, pasture poodles, are generally not considered fine dining. Though a very few folks claim otherwise.

Michael,when do you anticipate first light from that gun? Seems it looks about the same as it did a year ago.

Love the scallop cuts on the action.

Brent

_________

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD

Michael,when do you anticipate first light from that gun? Seems it looks about the same as it did a year ago. Love the scallop cuts on the action. Brent

Yes it’s about the same as it was a year ago and it might be the same this time next year. There is only one person that can fit the triggers and do the rest of the metal work. Until that is done I can’t have the stock or engraving done. The good news is he is my best friend the bad news is he is my best friend and I would rather have him as a friend than a gunsmith. I’m not pushing; he is going to build one for himself at the same time so when he has the time I have the parts. I have plenty of other projects, don’t we all? We just finished a .22LR target barrel now it’s five-below and all I can do is look at it.

I almost hate to say this but take a good look at the picture with the car.

Last edited by Michael Petrov; 11/08/06 02:27 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Michael:

In the car photo that is a woman with a bonnet. It looks like one can see that same broom/ firearm in front of her. Maybe the place is haunted. Anything about ghosts in Mr. Niedner's personal writings?

As for your Borchardt project, it looks real good. Howsomever, mayhaps you having to wait for the 'smith is a blessing in disguise. You could use the time to save up and get a good piece of straight grained wood instead having to use that junky one with all the disorganized grain...

Glenn

There is no sacrifice too great for someone else to make.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hello Michael,
I have a query on your Borchardt Military Action pictured above.

Om the underside of the action in your picture is a rectangular plate immediately in front of the trigger.

I haven't seen this before on any Borchardt photograph. What is it's purpose? Is is a factory 'cover up for an machining error, or has someone been 'at it' at some time in the past? It appears to be held in place by a through pin drilled through the bevelled lower edge of the receiver.

A nice looking project, photo's please when it is finished.

Harry

Biology is the only science where multiplication can be achieved by division.
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.