April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Argo44, cable, LeFusil, canvasback, 1 invisible), 236 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,041
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#9088 11/07/06 10:02 PM
dogon Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Has anyone seen or heard of an RBL delivered that was a deposit order,or has all of them delivered so far been paid in full orders.

I'm not trying to start something, just curious!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I haven't heard of one yet. My order is a deposit order placed in Sept '05 and I haven't had "the call" yet. 'hopin for the '07 season now, as I've pretty much given up on '06. I simply can't find a thing to shoot.

Last edited by Chuck H; 11/07/06 10:45 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't feel bad, my Nov paid for order has been made either

Jerry

Sidelock
Sidelock

It seems like I read somewhere that CSMC is going to ship all the orders placed by the end of 12/05 that were paid in full before shipping any orders that were "only" held with a deposit. I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear, especially when people who paid in full on day one are still awaiting their guns...

Like the 28 Ga? Check it out:

28 Ga. Society

There's no telling what's going on. There are PIF orders being shipped from early October 2005 order dates, while a bunch of us PIF in Sept. 2005 have yet to see our guns.

Here is just two examples, there are more:

http://bbs.shootingsportsman.com/viewtopic.php?t=31377

http://bbs.shootingsportsman.com/viewtopic.php?t=31042

Last edited by Zircon; 11/09/06 09:41 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I went to CSMC a couple of weeks ago with a friend who wanted to look at the Parker Repro's. I saw the RBL's while I was there and thought they were very nice guns. I believe that most will be quite satisfied with the gun. When I asked about my order (held with a "deposit only" on 9/28/05) I was told that it was likely in the shop now. Then I told them it was a deposit order they told me that only paid in full orders are being worked on at this time but that they were delivering about 50 gun per week. Lou would not give me a straight answer when I asked when they would be getting to deposit orders. He told me that I should just forget about the gun and that one day I would get a call from Carol in the front office that my order is ready.

Lou is a very alouf, and quick talking type of person. He will give you a quick one line statement and then just simply refuse to answer any follow up questions. He did tell me that they would be discontinuing the RBL in its presant form and moving on to a new project. When I asked what that might be or when it would happen he simply said "I don't know yet". If you ask any details about anything you get the same type of answers.

While I applaud CSMC for making an "American" made gun and would like to own one I really do not like their customer relations style. If my gun gets done soon or never I really do not care. I dont feel as if they really care about me as a customer. When I pressured Lou about the schedule and said that I thought it was taking along time he told me that they would gladly refund my deposit with interest. Some will say what more could you ask of a company. I just think it's rude. I didn't ask for a refund I just wanted to know when I might be getting my gun. I personally think that they have a lot of orders and that they are having trouble keeping production up. If all was good and they can produce 50 guns a week a schedule of deliveries is a very simple answer. Nothing would demonstrate success more that a thousand happy customers. But your can theorize that there are millions of dollars in deposits, lots of hype, nearly two years of talk and all we have are maybe 200 guns in the field. I hope that I am wrong and this venture is a huge success. It will be interesting to see what they come out with next, how much it will cost and how many of us rush to get an order in the next time.

Bill G.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hope springs eternal!! Lou is asking for a bit of slack. Maybe that is all he needs.
David

Zirc:

Don't panic, don't despair, it could be any day. I got "The Call" yesterday afternoon on my September paid-in-full order. Just in time, I was thiking of going into a deep depression or finding a lava pit to jump in <G>.

Bill

dogon Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I've been following the RBL deliveries on the various boards and just wanted to know if I missed one that was delivered as a deposit only gun.

I have a 9-28-05 pif order pending and have seen several that were ordered after mine delivered already.

Bill G. it's interesting to hear of your interactions with Lou and CSMC. I've had similar communications with them myself. Not just on my RBL order but on other matters as well. What I personally have decided is to wait out my RBL order and then not do business with them again.

I have several older American SxS's and love shooting them. I hopped on the RBL bandwaggon because I thought it a really cool thing that an American gun maker would try something of this nature. I now have had my fill of the alouf attitude and the lack of information about an order that I have with a company that was paid in full over thirteen months ago.

From what I can tell these are nice guns and I'll probably be happy with mine, but I sure don't care for the fact that I have been shoved back in line and others put ahead of me when I put my money down before them. I don't hold anything against these individuals and am happy that they have their guns, What I'm frustrated with is the way Galazans is handleing this.

Here is another csmc story: A friend of mine ordered a set of the Parker-Repro 16ga barrels from Lou. He paid if full at the time with his CC and was told it would be about six weeks. After three months he called and was told any day now. Another two months went by he called again and was told the same thing.About this time I called CSMC and made an order for some small parts and just off the cuff asked about the repro barrels. Lou told me they had them in stock,and I ordered a set. They were shipped that day and arrived at my house two day's later. I then called my buddy and asked how he liked his, he told me he had not heard from Galazans yet so he called them and was told they would be shipped any day now. I told my friend that I ordered mine on a spur of the moment impulse and offered them to him. He cancelled his order and purchased the barrels from me.

This same type of thing seems to be happening with the RBL orders. I can't hardly imagine how long of wait it will be for the deposit only orders to get their guns, if Galazans holds true to the priority delivery date for paid in full. I assume this to mean all PIF orders filled before deposit only orders.

Bill G. - When I cancelled my paid in full order for an RBL because of the changes in engraving and lack of communication about progress, they didn't offer to include any interest. In fact, they wouldn't send me a check unless I wanted to pay a fee so I had to wait while the CC got credited - after PIF for seven months. I just wanted my money back so I didn't see any point in getting into a heated exchange over the phone with what's-her-name. I won't just sit tight and be a good customer like a lot of the csmc a$$-kissers on this board will suggest.
And dogon - your csmc story about Parker barrels is almost unbelievable. Almost unbelievable as the fact that it has been posted for hours and none of the csmc a$$- kissers have blasted you for writing it. Good for you!

Last edited by superlight; 11/10/06 01:21 AM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.