April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (LeFusil, canvasback, Jeremy Pearce, 3 invisible), 841 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,834
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

"csmc a$$- kissers"?

I think much of the hand wringing and whining comes from the fact that up front money was required to get your name put in the que.
Had Connecticut Shotgun done as Ruger did with the Gold Label (how many years was that? ), I doubt that anybody would be busting a blood vessel over it. For those who don't have the stomach for this kind of deal, it's probably better to just hang on to your money and either wait for one to become available on the private market, or simply buy something else.

I ordered an RBL on September 21st, 2005. Carole from Connecticut Shotgun called on Wednesday to inform me that it's ready and will ship in a day or two.

A little late, for sure, and Lord knows I'm rarely a patient guy. Communication certainly could have (should have) been better, but all will be forgiven if the gun lives up to reasonable expectations.

Standing by and milling around smartly...

Mark

A sailor's creed - "If you can't tie good knots, tie lots of 'em."
Sidelock
Sidelock

I fully understand why some of the RBL customers have gotten upset with them for the information/lack there of that they've gotten. The deliveries being later than what most of us expected is the real culprit, all the other things just compound it, IMO.

I even understand customers being so pissed as to promise never to do biz with them again. Some 20 or more yrs ago, my good friend wanted a gun safe. We went to a local mfr/store and were treated very badly by an apparently drug intoxicated son of the owner with rings in his nose and tatoos all over. My friend being of John Wayne type, said let's get out of here. He said something to the effect of "...see this face? You'll never see it in here again." From then on, it was a running joke when we'd walk out of a retailer that we had a bad experience with, we'd say "Let's 'safe' em." That saying was just used very jokingly by him a couple weeks ago when we left a restaurant where we got bad service while traveling in Wyoming where we were very unlikely to be again anyway.

Me? I guess I'm a 'good little customer' and I'm going to take it like it's spooned out...for now. I fully expected this current situation could happen on the RBL but hoped it wouldn't. So, I'm not out in territory where I'm upset with CSM...yet anyway. My recollection was that this kind of situation was discussed here back when the gun was offered, early on. I and many others believed it would be very difficult for CSM during these times.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mine's on the way. It was a September order, and went out, yesterday. (grin)

Sidelock
Sidelock

I wasn't too happy about the engraving changes but it appears that's been rectified. The delays are, IMO, totally understandable. Perhaps they would have been more understandable to others if they had simply been acknowleged and explained. Not "a$$ kissing" just a different perspective. New poducts almost always have a few unexpected hitches.

As for CSMC not refunding a CC order with a check. The obvious answer is that they pay an intercharge fee of 2 - 3 % on CC orders which is reversed along with a reversed charge. On a $3000 charge the fee would be $60 - $90. The non-"a$$ kissing" answer is that they simply didn't owe anything extra when you canceled the order

Sidelock
Sidelock

[quote=superlight]Bill G. - When I cancelled my paid in full order for an RBL because of the changes in engraving and lack of communication about progress, they didn't offer to include any interest. In fact, they wouldn't send me a check unless I wanted to pay a fee so I had to wait while the CC got credited - after PIF for seven months. I just wanted my money back so I didn't see any point in getting into a heated exchange over the phone with what's-her-name. I won't just sit tight and be a good customer like a lot of the csmc a$$-kissers on this board will suggest.quote

I guess I'm a csmc a$$-kisser! I paid on the first day in full and now I have in my possesion a very nice RBL! What do you have?
I have never had anything but excellent service from CSMC for anything I have purchased.
Dealing with people is a two way street. From the tone and words in your post, I believe that you are very hard to deal with. I do not expect any company to ki$$ my a$$ but expect to be treated politely as I treat anyone I talk to. If you expect a company or person working for a company to be totally subservient to you than your approach is wrong. Being reasonable and trying to understand others problems yield better results than your approach. If results are what count, I have a pleasant result, you do not. Who wins? Certainly you now feel better that you have let CSMC know your dissatisfaction by canceling your order. Whom have you hurt?
You then broadcast your dissatisfaction to this Forum and call the members of this Forum "csmc a$$-kissers"! Frankly you pi$$ed me off. That does not happen too often and I generally don't respond this way but enough is enough.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Post deleted by devrep

Last edited by devrep; 11/10/06 12:12 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: devrep
The close up photos of RBL engraving posted on this BBS last week did not inspire me. In my opinion they had no soul.

And this relates to the "RBL Delivery Question" how?

Mark

A sailor's creed - "If you can't tie good knots, tie lots of 'em."
Sidelock
Sidelock

"And this relates to the "RBL Delivery Question" how?"

Mark, that's a good point. My apology.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I know I may get clobbered with this comment, but you have ordered a mass produced
gun and expect to be treated as if you ordered a bespoke English double.

Be patient is what I say.

JC(AL)

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have always gotten first class treatment from Tony and Lou and i try to be as nice to them as they have been to me! Bobby

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.