April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (SKB, Karl Graebner, skeettx, LGF, 2 invisible), 262 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,038
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Long live the old bachelors, we can have as many guns as we want!!!!

Regards,
Destry aka Single and Loving It

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Sidelock
Sidelock

Amen to that Brother- and you "Old Bacheldors" have the time and means to take care of them, those of us that have faced a divorce court know only too well your great good fortune- My late Maternal Grandfather Sean never let my Grandmother know what his "toys" cost him, how much he won or lost using them in live bird rings- and he didn't let her vote for old Warren G. in 1920 either- To hell with Steinham and Freidan and "Hillary C." ERA means EARNED RUN AVERAGE- well said Sir -deserves another Cuesta Rey!!

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 06/24/08 08:40 AM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
LGF Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

In his illustrious political career, Senator Phil Gramm of Texas rarely said much I agreed with, but he lives forever in my heart with: "I own far more guns than I need but not nearly as many as I want".

LGF Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

In his illustrious political career, Senator Phil Gramm of Texas rarely said much I agreed with, but he lives forever in my heart with: "I own far more guns than I need but not nearly as many as I want".

Sidelock
Sidelock

Funny thing some have talked about the wives knowing the number of guns you have. Actually, my wife doesn't care how many I have. She knows I enjoy them and when I am gone, they are hers to do as she sees fit. Kind of like a savings fund, just for her, that I enjoy. Hey, it works for me!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
How many guns is enough?

A gazillion?

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
Sidelock
Sidelock

Previous poster's have covered most of my thoughts as well. But I will say that at one time...I thought I had to have them all. In my late 20's early 30's, I had accumulated over 200 guns (hodge podge sort of collection) everything from unique rimfires with 100 round clips to 10gauge slug guns (yes I still own one of those)to military guns to etc. etc. etc..

Then I bought my first double barrel (11 years ago) and I finally realized where my heart was leading me. Slowly over the past decade I have traded out of the hodge podge collection and aquired 40+ doubles. Each one means something to me (unlike the guns I used to own). None of them are true investment grade guns. But most American guns are represented -ie. 1Parker, 2Fox, 2Remington, 1LC, 1Lefever, several Pre-war Stevens, etc.

The buying bug is essentially the same. The latest aquisition leaves you all warm and fuzzy - BUT only for a short period of time and then the hunt is on for the next treasure. I try to pass the appreciation of fine craftsmanship and quality of fine double guns to my kids. If they decide to sell them all and shoot the latest semi-auto, then so be it.

For now, Doubles seem to be better than money in the bank!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm trying to come to grips with the fact that I can't have every one of the guns I like...girls as well. BUT...I can still appreciate them ... both.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chuck H
I'm trying to come to grips with the fact that I can't have every one of the guns I like...girls as well. BUT...I can still appreciate them ... both.

Chuck,
I told my wife after we got married "just cause I on a diet doesn't mean I can't check out the menu"

still have the mark on the back of my head

Last edited by Dave K; 06/24/08 05:38 PM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

I decided I'll probably have too many guns when I can no longer close and lock the doors of my home or when I have to pole vault over stacks of them to get from one room to another.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.