March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (graybeardtmm3, Jeremy Pearce, 1 invisible), 857 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow, Just wow.

The guys teaching the classes could make far more money staying home and working on client guns. Those of us who enjoy working on classic guns, doubles in particular, are blessed to have such talented men who are willing to share their hard earn knowledge. If you have the interest and can make it happen, go and spend a week with one of these craftsmen, you will be glad you did.

I would like to share some further information, specifically regarding anyone who who like to become a professional gunmaker. The ACGG foundation will be offering scholarships and Grants to those looking to enter the gunsmithing field professionally.

https://www.acgg.foundation/

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
2 members like this: mark, mc
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not to be offensive, but there is a lot of knowledge held by men just as old or older than I am and they are willing to pass some of it on to others for very little money. This is a great idea. Just wish I could go and learn about case relining and case restorations. Do note there is no Spring chicken among these guys, so take what they can teach you, or wish you had later. We have lost too much talent and knowledge about doubles, to be passing up a chance like this lightly.

3 members like this: SKB, mc, mark
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc
Mark was letting people know there were openings for classes I have heard some people on this bb enjoy double guns and some might want to learn to do some repairs upgrades also anyone who is a gun owner and is not an NRA member and do not support the NRA is an idiot.and yes I am friends with people who offer a service of sxs shotgun repair and other sporting gun compatable servive ultimately I think Dave Webber should be deciding what steps to take and how to deal with tag line pirates:)

Dave Weber has made his feelings known about those who use his forum to promote thier business ventures here. I have posted that for you several times in the past mc, yet you seem determined to pretend that nothing has been stated on this matter.

The term "tag line pirates" is appropriate though. Glad you see it for what it is. Now please explain to me why you feel only Dave should act or comment on that, yet anyone can complain about any other behaviors they dislike, from insults to shooting fireworks???

You also twist my intent here. I am totally supportive of anyone who desires to learn to become a skilled gunsmith. But anyone who has that desire can easily find the resources to get such an education from any number of talented instructors. I did a quick Google search, and found numerous schools and courses all over the country, including these courses at Iowa-Valley that are being advertised here. The school is making money, and the instructors are making money. And I have no reason to believe that the instructors are doing this out of charity, and that they would earn more by not teaching these classes. I'd say that their earnings will be dependent upon how many students sign up. This Free Advertising will help fill their pockets, but do nothing at all for Dave. How is that fair?

Do you think I should do a "public service" by advertising all of the other available gunsmithing schools and courses here without any compensation or consideration for Dave? Apparently, you and several others see nothing wrong with that.... especially those who are profiting from their own Free Advertising.

By the way mc... when you say that any gun owner who does not support the NRA is an idiot, you are insulting some of your pals here. But we do agree on that much.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

mark Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Good to see this post staying at the top of the page!

1 member likes this: SKB
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I feel this post is webbers call because if it upsets you this much he must be in tears .so I'm asking Dave Webber to clarify what is allowed .no more tears

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by keith
Originally Posted by mc
Mark was letting people know there were openings for classes I have heard some people on this bb enjoy double guns and some might want to learn to do some repairs upgrades also anyone who is a gun owner and is not an NRA member and do not support the NRA is an idiot.and yes I am friends with people who offer a service of sxs shotgun repair and other sporting gun compatable servive ultimately I think Dave Webber should be deciding what steps to take and how to deal with tag line pirates:)

Dave Weber has made his feelings known about those who use his forum to promote thier business ventures here. I have posted that for you several times in the past mc, yet you seem determined to pretend that nothing has been stated on this matter.

The term "tag line pirates" is appropriate though. Glad you see it for what it is. Now please explain to me why you feel only Dave should act or comment on that, yet anyone can complain about any other behaviors they dislike, from insults to shooting fireworks???

You also twist my intent here. I am totally supportive of anyone who desires to learn to become a skilled gunsmith. But anyone who has that desire can easily find the resources to get such an education from any number of talented instructors. I did a quick Google search, and found numerous schools and courses all over the country, including these courses at Iowa-Valley that are being advertised here. The school is making money, and the instructors are making money. And I have no reason to believe that the instructors are doing this out of charity, and that they would earn more by not teaching these classes. I'd say that their earnings will be dependent upon how many students sign up. This Free Advertising will help fill their pockets, but do nothing at all for Dave. How is that fair?

Do you think I should do a "public service" by advertising all of the other available gunsmithing schools and courses here without any compensation or consideration for Dave? Apparently, you and several others see nothing wrong with that.... especially those who are profiting from their own Free Advertising.

By the way mc... when you say that any gun owner who does not support the NRA is an idiot, you are insulting some of your pals here. But we do agree on that much.

So predictable our resident Karen is once more acting as the self appointed site policeman.

Keith, you don't really give a shit....you just use this as an excuse to attack those on your shit list. So freaking tiresome. One would think the sanctions Dave has placed on you over time might teach you something. But no.....your self righteous bullshit just feeds on itself and encourages you to even greater instances of Gladys Kravitz-ism. Always sticking your nose where it doesn't belong and where you have nothing to offer.

Last edited by canvasback; 07/11/22 12:43 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
2 members like this: BrentD, Prof, mc
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gladys kravits smile

1 member likes this: BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
Sidelock

There are still openings in Dennis's class. He is one of the finest gun makers in the world and a great teacher. Just to be clear no one that has posted any information about these classes have any financial interest in the classes.

1 member likes this: mc
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by canvasback
So predictable our resident Karen is once more acting as the self appointed site policeman. ...

Mustela frenata, so tell us, what exactly are you doing here, oh my little Canadian Karen? You sure aren't thinking about signing up for gunsmith classes. How is your intervention and interference here different? And what do you call your behavior about a year ago, when you could barely make any posts at all without attacking or complaining about jOe.

Let's try to be truthful, if that is even possible for you at this juncture, Many of us have some here that we favor and grant latitude to. And we have some that we dislike for various reasons. When you speak of enemies lists, you should acknowledge that you certainly have me enshrined on your own enemies list.. And I have no problem admitting that I terminated the friendship we once had due to your duplicitous nature... which jOe astutely warned me about.

And let's not forget that you were also here when some of the forum's Liberal Left wing complained about my Ronald Reagan "deplorables" tagline, and then complained that I was cheating Dave when I had a link to rhe NRA Political Victory Fund.

We didn't see you atracking or criticizing them, or calling them out about having me on their "shit list". But we now see you coming to the defense of those who engage in Free Advertising to promote their own business ventures, without paying Dave the $12.00 fee that honorable guys pay when they sell things here.

mc still maintains that this Free Advertising of these gunsmithing classes is nothing more than a Public Service Announcement. And it is my Public Service Announcement to remind folks that our site Administrator expects a voluntary payment of $12.00, on the HONOR SYSTEM, for items sold as a result of advertising done on this Forum.

And maybe those who do business with these "tagline pirates" ought to consider that they are buying goods and services from people who are deceptively avoiding those meager payments to Dave. Maybe they should think about doing business with someone more honest and reputable.

BTW Mustela, thanks for co-opting my use of the descriptive term Gladys Kravitz. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.