Sidelock

Jan.2025 is when Trump goes into office

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by canvasback
The shit you make up is astounding.

Still waiting to hear what I made up Brent. Waiting to hear what wasn't true. You been back to the site since i asked the first time. Someone may be making up shit but it isn't me.

So nice that you think of me constantly and track my visits to the forum. Very nice to be living in your head all the time. And way too funny. Like a lot of your make-believe posts.

I love your sweeping generalizations of where the two combatant sides get their money. No, the heavy hitters like the Koch boys and Griffin and others are really funding liberals. And all these little guys that got Obama elected the first time were really riding the coattails of Soros and so many others (but we only hear about Soros). Sarcasm off. In the 2022 congressional elections, 2.5 times more billionaires donated to the GOP than the Dem. Not only where there more of them but the also gifted about 50% more per billionaire. And we don't really know about right and left corporate gifting but almost certainly the far right receive much more from industry than the left.

Keep hammering. Your diatribe is great entertainment. The way you blindly believe is fun to watch. The right is a party of the rich, for the rich, and only the rich. They have roped a bunch of fools for votes. Fools that want only to see anything and everything American torn down. They have even become patsies for the NORKS the Ruskies and any other any-democratic .gov.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattdu...ouse-of-representatives/?sh=3dd0cb3f24c9

Doesn't this guy just make you swell with pride to call him one of yours? A featured speaker at CPAC, no less. What an American! He makes me puke. But I digress.

Now you carry on, and I do appreciate your tracking me so closely. It makes me feel loved... wink

It’s like you are responding to someone else’s post.

I offered an opinion about campaign financing, specifically recommending substantial limits on donations to get away from the craziness of the campaign spending that is going on down there. Then gave reasons for why I hold that opinion. Our experiences here in Canada. Then backed it up by giving the example of what had happened in Canada when we did institute significant campaign financing reform.

Your Forbes article indirectly backs up my assertion. It defines an amount of money raised by just two PACS and then details that the Right donated far more than the Left.

And what the hell does that clip about the end of democracy have to do with Anything I have ever said?

Talk about making shit up! Seems like you are making the case for those who think the quality of teaching at colleges has reached new lows.

Last edited by canvasback; 02/26/24 08:04 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
2 members like this: mc, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Jimmy W
Originally Posted by craigd
....We are a representative democracy. Most definitely a well recognized form of democracy. It too can be bad for minorities, as we see today.
Thanks for the professorial proclamation. I suppose we already knew, anything that strikes your fancy, is well recognized. We know what you teach our future generations with tax payer money, please share how you work the minority angle into your lesson plan.
So, don't beat around the bush. I'll ask you the same simple question. Do you think Donald Trump is the best person to be our president starting in November 2024. I say absolutely NOT. Let's all put our cards on the table. And you're next. Let's get this over with once and for all. What do you say?
That's a big part of your hypocrisy, pick a quote from a college prof, who wants to wreck the US of A's carefully crafted representation system for the average person, based on their emotional opinion. Why didn't you snip that part out, or does it serve your vision of our future?

I say absolutely yes, he's the only politician in your lifetime that doesn't beat around the bush. What's broken in your head, so what if I've given you examples that don't have fabricated, multicolored graphs? Check off a win for Jimmy, good on you.

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hall monitor jimmy

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc
Hall monitor jimmy
Well the hall monitor is still waiting. Do you think Donald Trump is the best person to lead this country come November 2024? Someone said the Democrats don't have a candidate as good as Trump. Someone else, ( I can't remember who) said he doesn't beat around the bush and it was just on the news a few days ago that Trump is going to talk Putin into attacking the NATO countries like he is doing to Ukraine by butchering and killing innocent children and slaughtering elderly people and everyone else. . I heard that myself and so did everyone else in the world. What what do you think, mc? The hall monitor is asking you what your answer is. 😊

Sidelock
Sidelock

I know- you're going to say we never heard any such thing. So just go to Google and type in "Trump's statement that he would encourage Putin to attack NATO countries". And go down to the CNN website- you can read the whole story. That way you won't miss it- like you did the global warming that has been going on for decades. And please, don't say, "Dat's fake noos" like Donald Trump always says.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Jimmy W
I know- you're going to say we never heard any such thing. So just go to Google and type in "Trump's statement that he would encourage Putin to attack NATO countries". And go down to the CNN website- you can read the whole story. That way you won't miss it- like you did the global warming that has been going on for decades. And please, don't say, "Dat's fake noos" like Donald Trump always says.

Of course Jimmy, you have missed a crucial part of Trump’s comments. Just as CNN and others miss it.

He said that specifically in reference to countries that refuse to spend on their militaries the agreed on budget levels. In other words, countries that historically and habitually break their NATO agreements and obligations and expect the US to look after them anyway. I live in one of those countries. Canada. Who has lived off the security largess of the US of A since WWII. Our military is an ineffectual shamble of porkbarreling. I’m glad Trump is calling Canada’s bluff.

Don’t you agree that when you make a deal you should abide by the terms?

And it’s a bald faced lie to say you heard Trump say he was going to encourage Putin to attack NATO countries and butcher and slaughter innocent children and the elderly. He said no such thing. The quote in your CNN report was:
.Trump said “one of the presidents of a big country” at one point asked him whether the US would still defend the country if they were invaded by Russia even if they “don’t pay.
“No, I would not protect you,” Trump recalled telling that president. “In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want. You got to pay. You got to pay your bills.”.

Quite different than what you just said. Facts matter. And so does reading comprehension. Note I looked at specifically the CNN article you referenced. I googled exactly what you said to google and looked at the CNN article you said to check out.

Among other things one can deduce from that quote is Trump is referring to a conversation he had with the leader of a large NATO country, while he was president. So prior to the beginning of Putins push into Ukraine starting 2 years ago. Seeing as all NATO countries, excluding Canada, now have a plan in place for starting to meet their NATO obligations, I’d say that was a remarkably effective bit of tough talk diplomacy from Trump. You and CNN should be thanking him.

Oh, and for the record, if I lived in the US and was eligible to vote, my vote would be cast for Trump. He has been the best president the US has had since Reagan. It’s not about personality Jimmy…..it’s about what they accomplish in office.

Last edited by canvasback; 02/26/24 02:19 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Jimmy:

I would second what James has said about President Trump. There are things about him that I'm not entirely comfortable with (& because of all the distortions by the media, it's hard to know what is and isn't true about him) but as far as his policies and his accomplishments, he's made me far-more comfortable about voting for him a second time. What we have now is an abomination.

Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.