Not a lot to report yet as far as new progress. He moves his bad leg a little more and I've finally seen him control some movement in his arm with a lot of effort.

Progress in speech has slowed and that is a little disconcerting for him. So he has his good days and bad days.

But, I'm happy to report that yesterday was a good day, because we had the PTs teach us how to do a vehicle transfer so we don't need to rent a special wheelchair van to take him out.

For those who know Wisconsin, we took him to some of the local public hunting areas near Footville and Orfordville to help us who were normally passengers (and who didn't pay close enough attention) get familiar with the area. He directed our travels by pointing his index finger and we did find at least one of our old pheasnt hunting spots on leased farmland. He had a great time getting out in the country, driving with the windows open on a gorgeous summer day. Made all that Physical Terrorism, I mean physical therapy worth it!

We're looking into some touch screen laptops and software that may help with communication. It is difficult because all of us are at scattered distances throughout the state, so long visits require planning and long drives.

We are coming up on our normal Labor Day bass fishing adventure over which he presided as the Top Chef, and in which he is the hall of fame for catching the most 20+" smallmouth bass. We're in the planning stages of arranging a cookout with fish on the grill... and perhaps, if we're lucky... permission to take him to the Wisconsin River with the Grandkids to at least be part of the experience. There are a lot of logistics involved with transferring him to a respite facility near the river, so those details are being investigated. I hope we can pull it off. But if not this year, next year for sure.

BTW He learned the grilling technique from some folks in the Dakotas, (perhaps on this board?) when they were walleye fishing there. I handed over the chef's hat ever since he learned the secret of butter, foil, beau monde, lemon pepper and lawry's seasoned salt!

You all may remember him posting a picture from the newspaper of him and his granddaughter with some rather large smallies. It is quite an event and means a lot to him and to us.

That's the update for now. I'm off to investigate the YMCA aquatic center and see what it would take to get him some aqua- or hydro- therapy, because he used to love swimming so much.

Thanks for all the wishes and I'll keep you updated.

Brad