KCordell,I currantly reload 12 and 10 bore blackpowder shotgun. You'll need .125 card overshot wads, .5" fiber wads and a .03 overshot wads. You can get them from Circle Fly Wads, Ballistic Products or Precision Reloading. If you haven't purchased a roll crimper get the Precision Reloading product. I think it does a better job, IMHO. I'm not working currantly but plan on buying a loading kit from Rocky Mountain Cartridge for the 10 bore. I use a Mec 650 to re-prime the 12 and throw shot. I usually seat my own wads by hand. I do it on a bathroom scale(30# for 12 and 40# for the 10) like Sam Fadala talks about in one of his books! Don't laugh,It works. A friend does use a Lee Loader to seat his wads has good luck, so it can be done. You'd need to do that for volume.

The last time I did a price check on my reloads lead shot was at $35 a bag. I haven't bought shot since. I load the 12 bore (2.75 dram(75 grains of 2f Goex/0ne ounce shot) for 6.75 a box of 25. The 10 bore I load 4.25 (115 gr of 2f Goex)drams/ 1 1/8th oz of shot. This load costs 10,25 a box of 25.

I think it was Jim Legg who said anything over 70 grains of powder was a waste. Still, I've had good success with my 75 grain load. I dropped a squirrel in the back woods wiht a Smith hammer gun on the opener friday. The 10 bore, I freely admit that I'm a recoil junkie! In a 2 7/8th inch hull 4.25 drams fills the hull to the correct hieght for roll crimping.

So I would say yes you can save about half. Can't say about Pintail. Enjoy!