I agree GZ- I don't know Mr. Legg from "Adam's Off Ox" and have no present plans to sell any firearms on the Internet-due to the hazards of inspection/description/return outlined in this thread, ditto the one on Cashier's Checks and the counterfeiting extant- I own guns that I inherited, bought privately; from local dealers and at area gun shows- so inspection was not a problem- The only dealer I dealt with, years ago, was Bill Jaqua (pronounced Jake Way) in Findlay Oh- at the Grand in Vandalia- I still see his ads in GUN DIGEST- believe he is retired, but Bill set a high standard for honest dealing, as has Felix Bedlan, Jack Puglisi, Thad Scott, John Allen and Stephen Cobb, among many others (and for those reputable dealers I ommitted-my apologies)! Bill had a three day no questions asked return on shipped guns-he started in the gun business in 1948 as an adjunct to this downtown Sporting Goods store in Findlay (Rawlings, Spaulding, Wilson, Acushnet etc back then) and I am sure has encountered such a situation as described herein- My question is- why spend the money (the cost to insure funds) and pay shipping if you are not 90% sure you are going to keep the gun!I'll give a dealer a reasonable profit- but to enrich the UPS/USPS?Fed Ex boys- well that's a horse of another color.

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 08/18/08 07:54 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..