On another thread Chuck H wrote: "...summer reruns. Nothing for the hunters to do but stir the pot about nothing. Boredom, with pent up energy looking for an outlet. Whatever you call it, it's at its worst around here during the summer. " I started to reply to it there but decided to start a new thread instead.

Dove season starts soon. I have been getting my fat dogs back into shape by running them. Me too for that matter. Started scouting for the opening day spot for me and my buddies and family. Agonizing over which gun to take.

Talking to my Buds about their plans and what they have scouted. Started reloading - extra special loads of course. Got to get over to Riverfield's and get a license and look at the nice little used Perazzi 20 gauge that calls to me everytime I go in the store. Which reminds me I need to talk to their gunsmith about fixing a pad.

Need to get the hunting rig cleaned up and cleaned out a little. Is it time to have the oil changed? Wouldn't hurt to wash it once this year.

My fiberglass snake gators are cracking. Need to get out to Gander and pick up another pair or two. The birddog club is having snake avoidance training this weekend - have to get the two new pups in on that. And the other three retrained for that matter.

Got to call my Son and remind him to get his license. Might wash my game vest as it smells pretty gamey. Might as well drive out to WalMart and grab a half dozen cases of bottled water to get me through the season.

Lots of Eurasion dove showing up this year - no limit.

The stream of thought on this can go on and on and I am getting excited.

What are you guys doing to get ready?

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 08/18/08 07:37 PM.

I am glad to be here.