DT-

As someone who was born here and who's lived in the state for almost all of my life, I'll chime in for a moment here.

Most of the people who I know who share this distinction of actually being from here are salt of the earth, morally sound, good hearted people who do not support the crazy-ass gun-control crap that makes it into the books.

Of the people who I know in this state, few are from here.
Of the people who I know to be avid anti-gun types, most of them are from the midwest.

Furthermore, the majority of the california-bashing I hear has to do with the typical-immigrant (from elsewhere in the 'States) behavior. The typical california-basher will typically not recognize this connection, even when clearly distinguished.

The gun auction site social temper of late in regard to this 'new law' is a great example of the affect of the brand of attitude I would attempt to illustrate, but I think you get the picture.

Granted there are what many could argue to be plenty of guns out here on the west coast, engaging in a boycot-to-the-buyer attempt to limit the supply of firearms into this state does not in any way support any kind of nationalist or constitutional-preservationist agenda.
To the contrary, it is a very extreme form of gun-control.

Too bad these folks can't separate their hatred of the gun-control agenda (this is deserved) from their support of fellow American Sportsmen and firearms owners.
I can see no good reason for them to turn color and join the gun-control machine (as they clearly are doing) and limit the choices and supply chain to their fellow Americans.
Each of these folks who decide to simply boycott sales to Californians is adding to the problem in a much more significant fashion than any waiting period or background check will, as there is no accounting for the individual at all.
This is the worst kind of gun-control there is, short of attempts to seize guns already in the possession of Californians.

I don't see it any other way.

--Tinker