CA has some really stupid gun laws. That said, and considering I'm coming to the state after 20-some years in New York (!!!), so far I can get along with them.

The ten-day wait has been in place since I left CA in the 1970s, I think. So you really always need to have a back-up gun or so, since your new one will be sitting at the dealer for a while. Not a big deal for me, since I have lots and often have to "lay away" new guns anyway--poverty equals deferred gratification....

I recently bought a used revolver from a dealer and long-time friend in NYS. He was truly pissed that there was going to be "one more thing" to do to get the deal done. But he's built his business on good customer service to people like me and he went ahead and contacted CADOJ. No big deal he said afterward and the guy he talked to was even civil and interested in the gun biz in NYS.

I recently was told something by a dealer that I just didn't believe. Sent an email to DOJ asking if it was true. Got a phone call about ten days later confirming that the guy simply didn't understand the law (Federal gun law). Very matter of fact and helpful.

The Gummints aren't going away, boys--Feds, States, and locals. We need to work with them and get what we want, even if it takes some making nice. It's OK to be pissed, like my friend. But then you got to get over it and do what you have to do.

I have to admit that our "hobby" has got suspiciously like "work" in the past couple of decades....