This thread is another good example of the hazard in trying to associate "Original Quality" with a maker's (or seller's) name. To arrive at a passable estimate of price, you must factor in maker's name for "Brand Value" (BV), "Original Quality" (OQ), and "Current Condition" (CC). For the two guns pictured, the name is the same, but the original quality and the current condition are clearly different.

Hollis is a Brand Value level three (BV3) name. My system cuts off at 1890ish guns, although I now have a fair amount of data for hammerguns of earlier production. So, lets run a test and see how a prediction works out. I'll guess that it is Original Quality grade eight (OQ8) which would value it like a plain boxlock non-ejector. The Current Condition level appears to be between level six and level seven, "Shootable but needs some repairs and refinishing" (CC6) and "Shootable but needs repairs or restoration" (CC7). BV3-OQ8-CC6 = $430 and BV3-OQ8-CC7 = $300. On the other end of CC, would this gun in pristine condition (BV3-OQ8-CC1) be worth $1950?

Last edited by Rocketman; 12/02/08 08:50 AM.