American friends tell me they have the opportunity to shoot in England via sporting agents but it all tends towards the very expensive days on posh shoots and that they need a a budget of £1000 plus per day to partake.

I'm planning to start a syndicate for next year for vintage gun enthusiasts to come and shoot within 40 minutes of London at a really good shoot with pheasant & partridges being the main quarry but also wildfowl(not raised), snipe, woodcock, pigeon, hare etc expected in the bag.

Topography is woods, fields, elevated game crops and semi-wetlands. Shooting is a mix - two teams of nine Guns. 'Team A' shoot the first drive as driven birds. 'Team B' beat the drive but carry their guns to shoot pigeons, crows, woodcock, and birds going back etc. Next drive, roles are reversed. Six drives per day, 100 game birds bag expected. This is our little syndicate but I wonder if overseas visitors may find it interesting.

Visiting guns would get a vintage gun, a loader/companion to assist them, transport to and from their London hotel, ammo, etc. Food and drink provided.

The cost of the shooting would be about £200 per gun per day, plus a small additional cost for visitors re-transport, ammo etc. This represents about cost price but would be a good opportunity to have enthusiasts over without them having to pay exhorbitant prices.

We need 18 Guns per day and will shoot 6 days per year. Most Guns will be regulars from the UK but I'd love overseas enthusiasts to join us on adaily basis if need be.

Would this be of any interest to people like you?

I'm not saying 'you' personally but you do represent a good section of the enthusiast for having vintage guns and shooting with them. Any thoughts much appreciated. (Joe: please don't bother!)