I've had this customized sporter around here for a while now and finally managed to take it to the range. It was a very pleasant experience. The rifle functioned flawlessly and the action cycled like greased lightning. Very slick, smooth and FAST. I was shooting at the 50 yard range and with some hastily assembled handloads and a three shot group of around 1.3 inches was easily obtained. My son shot a 4 shot group with Winchester factory 180 gr. S.P. ammo that was slightly over an inch. His only puzzlement was why was the Ross company no longer in business? Good question is my thought We also brought a British SMLE .303 along and we both found the Ross far superior to shoot. The elderly fellow I bought this rifle from had used it on many hunts and he commented that as a shooter and hunter the rifle had always performed very well. I had the impression from the beginning that the seller was a straight shooter and today's experience confirmed it. The rifle was sporterized many years ago and has that nice vintage sporterization feel to it.