Some sources give that Lindner may have made very few of his products. If this example is void of any Lindner marks it may very well support that theory and it is the model in Lindner's mind coupled with the capability of the craftsmen in Suhl that allowed for the end product. Lindner's stamp could be viewed as a seal of approval as well as a tracking system for being paid. So the treasure that all Lindner aficionados long for is actually a product of the craftsmen of the cottage industry of Suhl, including Zella St. Blasii and Mehlis, with H.A. Lindner as the conductor.

The above was a part of Raimey's post.
I have no argument with this and have publish such in the DGJ.

But, one must recognize that Lindner did have a gun making business and produced some near 4000 world class SXSs under his marks.

It is true that he outsourced forgings, mostly from Sauer, and parts from the best in the area. BUT---the coupling of these parts with his workmen's highest standards of finish, paved the way for him to be the man in Germany that Daly trusted to supply the best of the best for the most discerning of American shooters.
Damned if I can fault Mayback for outsourcing some parts to be used in a fairly decent automobile.:}
Best,
John
PS---Welcome Stephen, my friend.

Humble member of the League of Extraodinary Gentlemen (LEG). Joined 14 March, 2006. Member #1.