Having fired at minimum 1000 shots per year for over 40 years, I have made a few truly amazing and memorable shots at extreme range. Add luck, practice, and skill together, fire enough shots, and hits happen. Try this... Shoot a .22 rimfire at 250-300 yds. on dry ground where you can see your hits, and before long you can hit a pop can offhand with open sights quite often at those ranges. Yes, the sight would more than cover the can, but your aiming point will be several feet high and well right or left if it's windy. Now, if I can do that, I have no problem believing that a guy who routinely shoots bullets through thrown washers could hit a flying crow at 1250 yds. Parsons shot more in a month than most shooters do in a lifetime. He had a gun that could shoot that far easily, and he had the skill to put a bullet in the vicinity. Add that measure of luck, and the bullet would hit the crow, or the crow would run into the bullet. Those of you who feel this must have been 125 yds. if it happened at all just haven't shot enough at long range. Understand also that the next 100 shots at crows at that range might well all have missed. But it's tough to beat a bricklayer at his trade.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.