Originally Posted By: Ithaca5E
Kinda. Several things I do know.

Really good shooters usually have really good eyesight. So yess, its' more than likely he could see a crow at that distance

As to Keith, he spent a lifetime taking a lot of stupid shots, wounding and crippling a lot of game along the way.
As per your first statement, I would tend to agree. I think I'm a pretty good shot with a rifle and the last eye exam I had at age 50 showed I was still blessed with 20-16 vision right eye and 20-18 left eye. I still don't need glasses. As to your last statement, you show your ignorance, as nowhere in my post did I mention taking wild random long range shots at game. I suppose it is possible that I wounded some flies that were attracted to the pop cans I regularly hit at 300 yds. Sorry. I gave up hunting with scoped high power rifles around 1980 and switched to flintlock rifles. I wanted more of a challenge than lining up crosshairs and squeezing the trigger. I killed a lot of deer with the muzzleloader, one shot kills, all between 40 and 110 yards. I passed up a lot of shots because I wasn't sure I'd put the animals' lights out with one shot. Around 1990 I took a shot at a running doe with my flintlock at fairly close range. My hold seemed good and the gun fired instantly. I found no hair on the snow, nor any blood as I followed the tracks for about 100 yards. I couldn't believe I missed, but I gave up due to no blood trail. Five days later, as I walked in to the same spot, I found a dead doe perhaps fifty yards beyond where I gave up. Possums had been feeding on it, eating its' eyes and chewing at a bullet hole behind the left front leg, which was my aiming point. They also chewed into its' anus and startled me as they ran out of the body cavity. Now, I cannot be certain this was the same deer I shot at, but there was a lot of circumstantial evidence... There was an entry wound at the heart, but no exit, which is common with round balls. The doe was the same size and traveling in the same direction. Not many people hunted this area, and there were no human tracks in the vicinity in the old snow. I beat myself up a thousand times over the years and asked the Lord to forgive me for wasting one of His animals, even though I'm not sure it was me, who only needed to keep following up my shot for another fifty yards. Then I have a moron like you who obviously can't read, insulting me as being a slob hunter. In my next life, I hope to be perfect, like you.

Last edited by keith; 06/02/09 12:31 AM.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.