It's interesting for me to see how passionate some people are about this. I would never day that what is discribed didn't happen, I can assure you that there was a great deal of both luck and skill involved if it did. It is NOT a repeatable shot. If you can't do it over and over, there is a certain amount of luck.

By the way, anyone who has shot a pistol at long range with iron sights knows that good distance vision is not an advantage for accuracy, good vision at the front sight is what makes for an accurate shot with iron sights on either a rifle or a pistol.

As a past AAA NRA Metalic Silhouette Pistol shooter, I've shot a lot of fairly long shots with a pistol. I won't question Mr Keith's shot, but I have enough experience with long range shooting to know there was a certain amount of luck. I've shot out 2 spotters at 1,000 yards with iron sights on a rifle and a bunch at 600. Shooting a spotter out means putting 2 bullets in the same hole since a .30 caliper spindle holds the spotter in place. I could tell myself that those shots were skill and I admit that skill played a part, but unless I can do it every time, it's luck.

As I said, If you can't do it over and over, it isn't all skill.