When I first saw the Wundhammer stock I thought it would be a fun project and I could use the finished rifle as trade material. Now more than a year later I am attached to this rifle and would sell another before this one. With all the help I received from friends plus my sweat equity this rifle would mean more to me than others. Some day I will write an article on restoring classic custom rifles and will include the marking information.

The most common restoration of these rifles are from scope mounting. The receiver was drilled and tapped the bolt handle was bent the stock was cutout and sometimes the receiver was notched out as well. Just last week I got word of a nice Shelhamer-Niedner that was brought into a shop for this work so the practice still goes on. I remember some years back when I was hot on the trail of Hoffman chambered in .300 Hoffman, each owner could not find ammo so sold it, I located it a day after in was rechambered.

When I get some time I'll post a picture or two of a couple of scope mounting reversals.

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014