Ted,

Figure that 95% of shot gun owners are sane, safe people who do not use or abuse their guns in a unsafe manner. That leaves 5% who do not. They are either stupid, poorly informed, unwilling to use what we consider common sense or reasonable precautions or just unlucky enough to have a gun fail because of ammo problems, bore obstructions or just age/fatigue of their guns. It is from this group most of the failures that we see come.

Seeing the results of a few of them does not suprise me. In fact I have to say that I suspect that many are just keep a secret as most people hate to admit that they screwed up and did anything that might be thought of as stupid.

I suspect that if Wally-Worlds' shells ran about 7,000 psi instead of 10-11,000, that most of the failures we see would go away. Modern shells, shot in gun not designed for them, with a 75 year accumulation of bad gunsmithing is a disaster waiting to happen.

Funny that you have not heard of any Ithaca NID or Winchester M-21 having problems. They are the only two real "modern" designed gun that many of us shoot. I would never drop a couple Wally World shells into one of my Lefevers. I, like you, have grown quite attached to my fingers. Plus it would be such a waste of a nice Lefever.