This is just to remind you of Jimmys First Post...& I Quote...though
I must say that I love the set-up,serious thought, and general intelligence of the piece ...enjoy....

"This is a question that surfaces on this board every so often. I remember the first time I gave my opinion on splinter foreends several years ago. I believe I said something like this...... They are popular in Britain and probably work and look good on their guns. That's the place where they raise their little pinky high in the air when they sip their tea and wear blouses for shirts. But this is America. We like gorgeous wood with lots of checkering and as much wood as we can get on a gun. Who wants to burn the crap out of your hands after shooting several rounds of trap and have to be forced to wear a glove? Or better yet, did you ever see the guy who buys a skimpy little splinter forearm, and then buys one of those clunky leather covers that goes around it? What's with that? And is there anything more aggravating, than oiling up your gun and not being able to handle it to get it into your gun safe without taking the chance of it slipping out of your hand or having to grab the barrels that you just oiled because there is nothing else to grab ahold of? This is America. If you want a whippy handling and sissy looking gun that looks like it was made for a woman, then get one with a splinter foreend. But, if you want people to know that you are a man and that you shoot a man's gun and that you don't squat when you pee, get one with a beavertail forearm.......Hmmmmm. After handling and shooting so many of both of them over the years, experience has taught me I was right back then and I still feel the same way."

I for one thinks he means it.

So I'll stand by my "Deep Moron Class"
Franc

Last edited by Franc Otte; 08/07/09 11:08 PM.