I have had a couple opportunities to shoot 3/4 oz 12 gauge loads extensively recently and find they are a real treat to shoot and very deadly on targets. During a trip to England last July, I shot Hull CompX 21 gram (3/4oz) loads at the high towers at Bisley and West London shooting grounds. The light loads are very soft on recoil, but still break targets nicely on the high towers, even up to 200 feet.

This weekend, I shot a case of RST's 3/4 oz Falcon 12 gauges at the Hidden Hollow - Rock Mountain shoots in Pennsylvania. Even in my 6.5 pound Arthur Turner sidelock, the recoil was the softest I've felt (or not felt), but still broke targets nicely, even at Hidden Hollow's long "mad jack' station and Rock Mountain's high cliff station.

I was really pleased with the soft recoil and less barrell flip, and still felt confident on all targets. Count me as a fan the little 3/4 oz loads.

For those who like less recoil, I think shooting a good 3/4 oz load in a light 12 gauge is a nice alternative to shooting smaller bores and probably has even less felt recoil.

"When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk." - Tuco