Gary,

To the best of my knowledge Model Nº51 was descontinued before the 1983-88 DIARM fiasco, when AYA was almost lost. As I mentioned earlier Model Nº51 was conceived as a middle range SL pigeon gun, below models 53 and 56 that are still in production. It is quite well done and robust, usually tips the scales at 7 lb, better for standing than carrying. IMO, if we take engraving aside, it should be regarded in the same level than Model Nº2, the latter being a 1/2 lb lighter. Resale prices in Chile are around US$2000 for a Nº51 and US$3000 for a Nº2.

Jim,

AYA Nº2 and Nº117 are quite different in purpose and quality. Model Nº2 is the most succesful AYA gun, designed as an upland sidelock, it is still in production and likely to stay there as long as AYA endures. Model 117, now discontinued, was the lowest SL pigeon gun, without sleeved strikers, lacks articulated trigger and no gas valves nor beaded trigger guard. All features present in the Nº2, plus better wood and engraving. Being a pigeon gun, Nº117 has a Purdey third bite if memory serves me well.

Regards,

EJSXS

Last edited by ejsxs; 09/21/09 06:43 PM.