Yes, you read that right.

A friend (now deceased) had a wreck of a Purdey hammergun brought back to wonderful condition. One really nice detail was that the the 'smith in England suggested sleaving the barrels with some damascus tubes from another gun.

The work was incredible and if you didn't look REALLY closely the pattern change from the old breach section to the 'new' tubes we almost impossible to spot.

Now my question, the gun was re-proofed, passing 850BAR (I think) nitro without a problem. But when I was looking at it I noticed it was not stamped 'Sleeved' as is the norm. I asked the owner about it and he looked surprised and looked at the gun and said he had never noticed that detail.

So do you think the proof house just missed that detail? I would assume sleeving is sleeving no matter what the barrel material, correct?

Since the owner has since passed away I couldn't ask any more questions, nor do I know where the gun is now. His son likely knows but I don't want to bother him for what is just a curiousity question.

Thanks!

Mike